1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ultimate sidewalk machine!!!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by creativedesigns, Feb 11, 2008.

1. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

If you want a fast machine for sidewalks, here it is!! This is what the city of Ottawa uses on certain sections, but mainly they use mini plows attached to these machines. The salting systems are neat too!

holder1.jpg

holder.jpg

salt system.jpg

Last edited: Feb 11, 2008
  2. HC plower

HC plower Member

Those Holder's are cool. How much does one go for?

3. ECS

ECS Senior Member

Town here uses them with blowers for all the sidewalk. Where they need or want a plow they have several quads with plows. A home owner down the street from us has two that he uses for his drive. One with a blower and one with a plow.

4. riverwalkland

riverwalkland Senior Member

id rather get a tool cat... more attachments, cheaper, and 2 seats

5. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

That thing has to be expensive !!

6. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

last storm in hinsdale i guy almost rolled one of those...had it leaned over real hard after falling off walk edge..had a loader come crane him up and out....funny....

7. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

They're neat but like said before I'd buy a ToolCat before one of them........

8. AllOutLandscape

AllOutLandscape Member

they have two or three of them up here at UW-Stout, arent they almost 40k?

9. Kingwinter

Kingwinter Senior Member

O man cant imagine that those cost!

10. cantoo

cantoo PlowSite.com Veteran

11. Plowin in VT

Plowin in VT Senior Member

The city (Burlington VT) has a whole mess load of them, some w/fixed v-plows, others with blowers. They work pretty well, but are very slow.

12. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

They use trackless machines here aswell for sidewalks. [​IMG]

13. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

And the Trackless has a Cummins. :D

The big difference between a Toolcat and either of these is width. Toolcat's are 59" (approx) wide and these will go down a 4' walk without any problem.

14. Stang977

Stang977 Junior Member

We Have 2 Trackless MT w/ attachments. They do work well. Our machines are in fact very fast, however, we find that you have to go pretty slow as you are usualy next to to an obstruction (hydrant,fence,rail ect). The articulation point is sometimes a pain when you are up against those obstructions. Most municipalities will have similar vehicles for our endless sidewalks. We used to buy Bombardiers, but one use vehicles hard to justify with the current snow totals in our area. A few years ago we purchased a John Deere 4110 for the walks in our Parks. It's a nice set up. Curtis cab, heat, spreader, plow, blower. Works very well.
    Regards,
    Rich

Last edited: Feb 15, 2008
  15. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

We bid one out....$$$,$$$$

Our town bid out a new sidewalk machine (2007) with p/a,vee, and blower it was $120,000! Not cheap.....
    The selectmen decided that we should continue to use our wing plows to clear the sidewalks...

16. Plow Boss

Plow Boss Senior Member

Toro Z Turn

Broom.jpg

17. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

now thats cool i have a toro ztr and have always wanted to have that system I bet that broom does well on spring cleanups!

18. loaderplower93

loaderplower93 Member

what model is that toro ztr? i tried looking it up on their website but i don't know what I'm looking for

19. Plow Boss

Plow Boss Senior Member

It is a Groundsmaster 7200/7210 - converted with the Polar Trac System
    it has 4 Attachments - Snow Blower - Broom - V Plow & Angle snow Blade

20. itzkcatz

itzkcatz Member
    from CT

That toro is awesome, do you have more pictures?