1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ultimate Sidewalk Machine...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Macomb-Lawn, Feb 16, 2006.

1. :D

Meyer 6.5 Poly

Now... we just need to fabricate a custom mount.... :D
  2. Even Better

ON my side of the state, there is a welder who puts blizzard plows on the kubota rtv and he puts boss v blades on the toolcat (bobcat)!
  3. jacob land and

jacob land and Member

isnt that too big to do a sidewalk?

MIAWPUKEK Senior Member

We had one of those things for our community's sidewalks "Mule" (with a snowblower). the machine was too wide and kept falling off the side of the sidewalk. Now my office bought it and is trying to fix it up and use it for clearing our parking lot. If they can't get the Mule to work, I think I'm gonna buy the snow blower and put it on my atv.
  5. Not at some places :D
  6. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Jon. do you mean something like this?

Blizzard, Sidewing, Kubota 001 (Small).jpg

Blizzard, Sidewing, Kubota 003 (Small).jpg

Blizzard, Sidewing, Kubota 004.jpg
  7. Kason & Riley

Kason & Riley Senior Member

Wow know thats a nice set up !! Is that Blizzard custom fabricated ?
  8. Mark Oomkes

THe mount is a Blizzard mount. The plow with down pressure is a result of Jerre's magic. The wings that are removeable are also Jerre's handiwork.

Only used it a few times and it works awesome.
  9. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Trust me you are better off with a Kubota RTV than a mule. Montgomery college has three mules with curtis plows and all have problems while and after plowing. And the blizzard 680LT is a way better plow than a meyer max2
  10. Mark

EXACTALLY WHAT I WAS THINKING. What kind of liquid sprayer do you have in the back of that? is that for fertalizer or liquid ice melter. And obviously you figured out how to make the plow bigger and smaller>! Sweet Mark, I think that I am going to have to check that out someday!

11. Mark Oomkes

We bought it from Michigan Chief Sales. It is primarily a liquid anti-icer sprayer. 100 gallon tank, 100 ft of 1/2" hose on a reel and 2 raindrop nozzles on a boom in back for those nice long stretches that you can drive right over. It works awesome.
  12. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

I think this is the real ultimate sidewalk machine, and it can be ordered in widths up to 72 inches with the optionall 454 BB GM
  13. 85F150

85F150 Senior Member

does that have a 10 bolt posi pumpkin :p
  14. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Not on the sidewalks I do. I use my 2500HD with an 8' blade to plow those!
  15. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

I've got some of those as well.
  16. Remsen1

Remsen1 Senior Member

This is the ultimate sidewalk machine. A village near me uses one of these, what a beautiful machine. The one they have has a chute with a very wide range of adjusments it even appears to telescope. They put the snow exactly where they want it.

17. Tri-County INC.

Tri-County INC. Member

we have been looking into these not really sure what we think about them seem kinda like the mule but has more hydrolics on it. Really nice let me know what you think of the bobcat work machine.
  18. Mark Oomkes

I would love to have a Toolcat, but it is a little too wide for most of the walks we are doing and it also more than twice the cost of the Kubota. Have to have a crapload of sidewalks to afford one of those for just that.

I was looking very hard at the Mule before we bought the Kubota. I had a few concerns about the Mule, mainly the belt drive vs a transaxle and also the carrying capacity. I knew that once we had a plow, sprayer and the liquids in the sprayer we would be way over rated capacity on the Mule. Even with the Kubota we are over, just not nearly as much. ;)
  19. B&K LawnCare

B&K LawnCare Member

how much would the one with the blizzard cost to buy everything new?
  20. Mark Oomkes

It's going to vary somewhat based on dealer. We bought the Kubota from a dealer just up the street from Jerre, Beatty Diesel. Their price was better than our local dealer plus Jerre started working on it before I got there.

Kubota was about $16K, Erie Special 720 I'm not sure about. I think the price went up after I bought mine.