1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ultimate loading machine

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Neige, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Neige

Neige Sponsor

2. pwrstroke6john

pwrstroke6john Senior Member

what brand of blower is that?

3. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET:redbounce

4. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Yep that is cool! Was the truck empty when the video started? 2 minutes to fill one truck man that's fast! What's a load like that weigh?

5. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

thats a waste of time and fuel. Much faster with a loader.

6. cretebaby

?????????????????????

you got to keep in mind that hes getting more in this way

7. jayman3

jayman3 Senior Member

Looking good Paul how many trucks you hire per shift,also watched your other video on youtube that sure is a long push with that pro tech what machine is it on.tymusic

8. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

I agree an expierenced operator can load much faster and just as much snow. Also when blowing into truck if temps are not corect you cna have a heck of time getting it out.

9. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

Bingo!!!!!!!

10. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

have to agree, seems slow, and not all that much. I remeber a video or pictures of someone loading a truck with just a bobcat, but with hydraulic dumping bucket, now that put a good load on compared to size of loader loading the truck.

besides that, any good size loader could do that faster and same amount. as for temperature, I guess thats depending on exhaust heated box or not.

11. Snowaway

Snowaway Senior Member

The city uses the same thing here. I was stuck behind one the other day, seemed pretty fast to me. plus in a tight spot like a road, trafic keeps moving (slowly) and the dumps line up one behind the other. Just a nice drive down the street.

12. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

13. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Wrong. He's getting more into the truck and 2 minutes to load isn't "slow" by any means.

You need to keep in mind, a guy who is running an operation with equipment like that probably knows a thing or two about efficiency.

14. jayman3

jayman3 Senior Member

I would think that a guy like Neige wouldn't use a blower to load trucks if it wasn't fast enough,you could never get that amount of snow in a truck with a loader,the city uses that kind of blower on a loader they have each shift anywhere from 8-12 tandems and 2 triaxles and the blower is waiting so I think it would be the way to go.

15. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

There is no way he loaded a tandom in 2 minutes with that blower. I use to work for a county and that is not possible. no way.

16. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

I'm sure paul knows a little bit more about snow removal than most here.. The volume of snow in that truck as well as working in a tighter area is way faster than a loader.

17. RdTeK

RdTeK Member

Two minutes loading a truck that way is believable, that's how our city gets clear of the snow, a grader blades the snow out of the parking ares and into a huge windrow in the middle of the street, whatever way works though.

18. cretebaby

Thats an understatement

19. cretebaby

Your right it was 2 minutes and 14 seconds

20. Neige

Neige Sponsor

What are you talking about, do you have any idea or experience. It is the most efficient use of time and fuel.
    How can he get just as much snow in. Blown snow gets super compressed, almost 18 tons in there. If I used a loader bucket, maybe 10 tons.
    The snow just slides out real fast and clean.