1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ultara Mount Angling Problems

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by CK82, Dec 7, 2008.

1. CK82

CK82 Senior Member

Periodically, and more so lately my plow will go up and down. When I try to angle the plow it will go up and down instead. I unplug the controller and plug it back in and it usually works. I have had to do this a number of times and it seems like it is happening more often. I have not yet changed the fluid this season, but it was done mid way through last season. It seems obvious it is the controller but I am wondering if anyone has had this happen and the cause was not the controller.

Please help.

Thanks, Chris
  2. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

odds are it is the controller, but have seen water in the grill plugs do it too.
  3. awagner9

awagner9 Member
    from NW Ohio

I had the pickup tube fall off. I tool the res off put tube back and worked like a champ.
  4. CK82

CK82 Senior Member

What is a pick up tube as was stated eariler? I am due for a fluid change, just havent had time to get to it yet. I am going to switch contollers with my other plow and see if it still happens.

5. GSShelper

GSShelper Member

i have had the same problem after trying a bunch of differnt things and 435 bucks later it WAS the controller, i ave the cab command controls, the circular pads on the circuit board were worn and not making good contact ,, i replaced the circuit board that costed me 200 buck, and the plow works like its brand new!, also it may be your S3 valve acting up,, maybe have that checked also...
    good luck and happy plowing!
  6. CK82

CK82 Senior Member

Thank you, will do!