1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ultamount head light help

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by QKSnowRemoval, Nov 3, 2009.

1. QKSnowRemoval

QKSnowRemoval Senior Member

So tonight i was aiming my head lights, and i noticed something, both of my low beams work fine, along with turns and day time running lights,but when i flip on my hi beams i only have one light thats brighter then the other one and its the passengers side that it brighter. this is on a new hts plow three port iso box. Could i of connect one of the head light connections wrong? 98 dodge ram 1500 9004 stock bulbs and i think h1 western harness. please help me, thankx

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Don't do anything until you first verify the bulb is good.

3. QKSnowRemoval

as in the drivers side plow light? the one im having issues with

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Right, then check the fuse.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Thats the one you're having trouble with correct? Then that's the one you want to check. ;)

6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Only check the right if you are facing the plow. Sounds like you are having trouble with the drivers side. That is commonly referred to as the left side, when sitting in the drivers seat facing forward.

Swap the bulbs and see what happens.

7. QKSnowRemoval

well i think i might have found the issue i dont know if this can be possible , but on the western light harness it says 9004 on one side and 9007 on the other side. well i had the factory harness plugged in to the 9007 when i have 9004 bulbs. so i dont know if this would have an effect on me not having a bright as bright as the other side or not but it seemed different after i switched the plug, and its brighter now, not completely sure tho.