1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ulta-Mount Problems

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by MrSparky27, Nov 29, 2008.

1. MrSparky27

MrSparky27 Junior Member

My neighbor's plow isn't working, no matter which way you try to activate it, it will only move to the left for a split second and stop moving. Motor will keep running but it won't move. Tried taking the reservoir off to check the filter but it doesn't want to come off. He says he has had the plow for five years and has never had it off. Took the 4 screws out, is there anything else that needs to be removed?
  2. gd8boltman

gd8boltman Senior Member

When you take the 4 screws out of the

bottom, the resovior will pry off, be gentle, it is an o-ring seal. Counld be spool valves are plugged and not moving, or a controller issue. Western has great repair info on their web-site.
  3. bossplowguy

bossplowguy Senior Member

4 Srcews???? Just take the 2 bolts off the motor, pop it off and the filter is in the bottom of the resivor in front side of the pump.
  4. MrSparky27

MrSparky27 Junior Member

I told him that it should just slide off. He called me a little bit ago and said he had it apart and asked me to come down and take a look. Well, when I got there, he has that apart plus some. The motor is all the way apart, and of course, the brushes have popped out. The one thing that was working isn't now. Looking at the drawings, we were trying to take out some of the valve but they are in there pretty good. It is hard to belief that they would rust into a aluminum block. He is having fun now.
  5. nv_my_z71

nv_my_z71 Member

Just had this problem with a guys plow yesterday. Check the wiring harness going into the controller I think it is the green wire is common to pop out alittle, had that happen on 2 plows earlier in the year on new plows I installed. If not check all the pins in the connector between the plow side and truck side. When the pins get corroded they pull out of the connector and don't make contact. The one yesterday was as simple as pushing every pin back into the connector for a temp. fix until we get a repair harness. sometimes they are just missing all together
  6. bossplowguy

bossplowguy Senior Member

Sounds like a real mess:dizzy:
  7. Daner

Daner PlowSite.com Addict

Check the solenoid It could have overheated