1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Uh oh.. What did I break [help]

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by riverwalkland, Mar 9, 2008.

1. riverwalkland

riverwalkland Senior Member

I don't know much about trucks, I let the shop take care of repairs, since they do it all day everyday. I do know this is not supposed to look like this. Is it some kind of differential guard or sway bar. I just noticed it when I stopped to get a bagel. How quickly do I need to rush to the shop.

Thanks for the help!

P.S my the plastic peice that goes around the handle to open the tailgate has gone missing.. Wheres the best place to pick up a new one.. the stealership?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. riverwalkland

Hahahahaha, I just noticed I have a spare tire under my truck. I would have never known if I hadn't just seen it in the corner of that picture

3. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Im not sure but that dose not look good.

Dont feel bad, I broke my CV saft

4. snowman79

snowman79 Senior Member
    from MidWest

thats your rear sway bar link, id get it fixed as soon as you can but its not life threatning..you will feel more body roll in the rear though.

5. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

thats just a sway bar i think youll be fine, i would just tie it up to the mounts so it doesn't drag down the road, good luckussmileyflag

6. riverwalkland

Yeah I was gonna do that, but its frozen solid with the ice on it, and its 23 degrees outside so it won't be melting tonight. Will spray it off tomorrow at the car wash if it wont melt. Im suprised it does anything. The mount it fell out of is pretty flimsy. Thanks for the help!

7. musclecarboy

musclecarboy 2000 Club Member

It isn't much of a big deal. Get the mounts and bushings replaced and you're good to go.

8. duff daddy

duff daddy Senior Member

as the the others said it is your rear sway bar links that look to have been broken, what you should do is just take the off, there are a good amount of trucks that DONT have them from the factory, you will notice a slight bit of roll in the corners but i doubt you would even noitce if that. my ford doesnt have it, and im gonna take the fronts off this summer. just make sure you get them tied up asap, thoes can catch (the links) and sometimes get close enough to puncture a tire!

9. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Where did you think your spare tire was?

10. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

he doesnt know much bout trucks remember....;)

11. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

So your plowing snow commercially and realize that stuff is broke, but you had no clue where you spare was at?:help: