1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Uh -Oh! Dano! ....

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by creativedesigns, Apr 10, 2008.

1. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

lol lol, Do we have a competitor fighting for first place??? This stuff is called " Jig -A- Loo" & it's the worlds first Luberipellant! :cool:

Check out their web site http://www.jigaloo.com/en/

pic_can.jpg

2. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

Ha! We've tested it. There is no competition. Trust me.

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Sounds like a product a "pimp" daddy might carry in his tool box.....lol

4. creativedesigns

Sounds Good Dano!! I'll trust ya! :salute::salute: :waving:

5. dodgeguy99

dodgeguy99 Senior Member
    from mn

I think grandview needs to do a test with fluid film and this stuff :nod:

6. Dano50

from CA

Did somebody say a test!!?? That would be awesome! T-Shirt and hat for the tester. :nod:

It will be a short test, so don't invest too much into it.

7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Someone else needs to carry the torch! GoldPro you man enough to do it?:D

8. SQuad

SQuad Member

As Fluid Film , Jig a Loo, Honey Goo, Lucas Oil , WD-40 are sold locally,( what other brands shall we consider? ) shall we give it the salt stained Canadian road test. This province ( Quebec ) has a rash of corroding cars,trucks and worst of all collapsing bridges that could provide surfaces in need of protection. I have ample corroded/new steel availible from my shop. Create a brine solution from rock salt, immerse, expose them to mother nature and take pictures periodically .
    Place some brand new bolts ( sprayed /not sprayed, with each lubricant) in the steel with nuts on the opposite side and torque them to a set rating. After a period of time agreed by all ,torque value's recorded for how much force was required to loosen the bolts.
    The Easy bake oven test for evaporation: Place products measured by volume ,weigh, exposed to mother nature , covered and uncovered. Reweigh after an agreed period of time.
    Extreme heat test: Place products on steel heat with a torch, which go up in flames, are drawn to the flame or simply melt away. Record temperature with infra red portable infrared thermometer.
    The" Got it on my shirt test ,she's going to kill me": Dab lubricants on old cut up T shirt ( Will really have to go through my collection. Try to wash out.
    Incline slide test: Create inclines made of steel at a set angle. lubricate each slide with it's own product and place a steel block as a sled. Record how far the sled travelled at different periods of time,lubricating only the first time.
    Block pull test: flat surface spray lubricants and using a fish scale record the amont of pull to get the block moving. Dry at first and lubricated.
    Wick test: Spray product into individual pie plate's. With a piece of lined paper touching the surface of the pie plate record how far the lubricant travels up the paper.
    Dove test: Dove dishwashing fluid claims it can break up grease. In controled containers of the dove mixture add 1 teaspoon of each product and see what happens.
    The Spray Distance test: Place paper against wall. With a different length sticks see which product can shoot the furthest and most concentrated /widest shot.
    Michel Jackson test: Which is the most flammable. Need two people for this one and a phone with 911 nearby. Lighter, enclosed space and you know the rest.
    Can't find it test: Place all competitors cans in a crowded pick up box ask someone to find each competitors cans by name and identify the one that stood out the most at first glance.
    Don't spray that crap in here test: Ask different people if they find the odor of the different products pleasing or offensive.
    God it's freezing test: At 32 degees the freezing point will these products deliver. Were outside most of the time and were not allways storing our toolboxes in the heated cab.
    Can anyone think of other tests we could try?

9. grandview

Go too it!

10. SQuad

SQuad Member

This sounds like Bubba talking to Forest Gump about the different things you can do with shrimp.
    The Skunk Test: Will it attract or repel skunks in your garbage.
    The copper test: Will it prevent copper from verdigris( changing from bright copper to green)
    Freezee test: two plates of steel 1 piece sprayed with lubricant the other with brine mixture placed , C clamped in a freezer for a 2 months and then seperated.
    Geter done: Will the lubricants throw your hunting dog off the trail?
    Look honey even at my age I can make a tent: Take an old tent cut it into sections and spray. Does it repell water/stain the tent/make it flammable?
    Paving stone blues. How long does it take to dissapate.
    No idiot not on vinyl windows: Does it stain the vinyl windows cause they say to lube the mechanisms.
    Paint solvent or "like" brake fluid decapper. What do they do to painted surfaces.
    Wonder if YouTube would host the results?

11. Dano50

from CA

I think we need to hire you! :D

12. creativedesigns

Heres a picture of the family this year!! They've grown up for sure! lol lol :D ...But hands down to the Canadian version cans, they look better!!!! tymusic :drinkup: :p

3and1cans.jpg

DSCN2690.jpg

13. duff daddy

duff daddy Senior Member

humm theos canucks always get the cool suff .. :cry:

14. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Not really...........................................they have creative too. :D

J/K

15. grandview

16. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Everyone here already believe's GV's on the FF payroll.

Might as well make it worth his while. :D

17. Earthshaker

Earthshaker Junior Member

18. Earthshaker

Earthshaker Junior Member

Excellent!!!

I'll post a test similar to Grandview using some brand new test plates. I'm 3 blocks from the Pacific Ocean.

19. SQuad

SQuad Member

I think the MSDS sheets will come in handy. Read up on the Jig a Loo. I like the part about cronic exposure affecting the central nervous system. I was wondering about testing Pam at the same time see what kind of results from cooking spray.