Snow Plowing Forum banner

Ugly '03 GM trucks affecting sales? - Looks like it!

6K views 70 replies 21 participants last post by  wolfie 
#1 ·
I guess this number tell the story. The number represent # of trucks sold.

Ford F-Series
56,569 +2.2% YTD
January 2003: 56,569
January 2002: 55,370

Chevrolet Silverado
36,088 -29.5%YTD
January 2003: 36,088
January 2002: 51,184

Dodge Ram
26,752 +3% YTD
January 2003: 26,752
January 2002: 26,019

Ford Ranger
17,293 +15.9% YTD
January 2003: 17,293
January 2002: 14,927

GMC Sierra
9,947 -26.9% YTD
January 2003: 9,947
January 2002: 13,610

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
#5 ·
Arc whats up buddy :nono:

I tried to drive backwards, but i almost crashed !!!!!!
(tends to wander funny down the road).

It's starting to grow on me, i'll have new pics next week with the bugshield and vent visors. Only thing i hate in the slug of the motor i'm running.

Is it really that ugly ??

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

#6 ·
Looks like Dodge is within striking range of Chevy sales. I know GM sells more together,but GM needs to start making what truck buyers want,or fall behind.

#8 ·
Originally posted by gslam88 :
It may be true... ok it is true that the 02 chevy's are ugly
What? My '02 Chevy is ugly? Boy, I am po'ed. :realmad:
I'm just kidding. :D I think you meant the '03. ;)

The interior of 2004 Ford F-150 looks nice, but that got to come with a big price tag.

Earthscape, your truck is not really that ugly. It does not looks too bad, but it will take a while to get used to it. It is starting to growing on me too. But I really like my '02 Chevy much better than my Dad's '03 Chevy. Just a honest opinion.

#9 ·
GM's truck offerings are starting to look cloned, they need to get a new design team. It started with the Aztek, moved into the Avallanche, then the Trailblazer (which doesn't look all that bad), the pickups and now the vans. How about something unique guys, and what was wrong with the '02's?

Gslamm88, you only told part of the story. While the interior does resemble a sports car more than a truck, the exterior is definitely truck! How many 1/2 tons do you see actually involved in full work status today anyway?

#10 ·
Earthscapes, I think your truck is beautiful except for the 03 nose and no moldings on the bed, which they did away with on 03s I understand. I like moldings on the full length of a truck, makes it look complete. Without them, it looks like its missing something or they forgot to put them on. I see Fords dont have them on the bed either. Makes no sense to me. Mike

#13 ·
I'm not 100% on this,but i understand that GM has been hiring engineers from the blind school of technology,apparently the 03' front end"feels" like a good idea:D

Mike,LOL,good one on the cardoc!

Earth,if that trucks anything like an ugly women maybe you could drink it pretty:drinkup: ,just don't wake up next to it sober:eek:

#16 ·
I do notice lot more Dodges and F series trucks too. I have seen a lot of the 03 Ram HDs out locally.

#17 ·
See, thats funny, cause everywhere I look around here someone has a new '03 HD (and a plow, thats a completely different story tho:realmad: ) I kinda like the looks, more boxy like the 88-98 style. My uncle bought an 03 2500HD Duramax/Allison last week. He said that he hadn't had time to look at the front end, its growing on him, he doesnt care, he fell in love with that duramax, and so did I :rolleyes:

-John

#18 ·
hey this is a chevy truck forum guys stop knocking them. Earthsacpes I think your truck is very nice even though I like my 02 design better. I have see alot more chevy's and GM's around here lately. I would take dependability over looks any day, never catch me in a Ford or Dodge. they look ok but I would rather take a GM product. If you look at a Dodge or Ford closely and compare them to a chevy or gm then you will see alot more thought and design goes into them, they have some of the best designs out there. I think the new 03 design has grown on me. only in the HD's though. General Motors is coming out with a couple of new trucks that are bigger than an s-10 but smaller than a full size. to compete with the Dakota sales. They look pretty sweet, I think they will do well and make a nice residential plow truck!

#19 ·
Speaking of Dodge,i always thought they were a decent looking truck(94'-up)that is right up till this last one they came out with,those stupid round headlights,they are awfull,quite possibly worse than the Chevy front end(how bout that Earth!now i'm defending ya:D ).I would have to say the best LOOKING truck on the market is the Ford Superduty(i have 2 Chevys if your wondering)That opinion is strictly based on LOOKS,not reliability or power,i haven't owned any of them so i will not even judge,i think thats fair;)

#20 ·
Oakhill, you are correct, this is the Chevy Forum, where all things GM can be discussed, the good, the bad and the UGLY!

Sorry, I couldn't resist!:D

Seriously, most people here are GM enthusiasts who are unhappy with Chevy's latest offering. What harm is there in expressing their opinion? If the right people see this thread, perhaps positive changes will be made to the product.

#23 ·
I started a thread a while ago on 2003 Chevrolet Trucks talkin about their looks. That thread got really big and had many many views. I think Im gonna go find it and bring it back to the top, hehe. Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.