1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ugh more E60 problems

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by TDS, Jan 4, 2010.

1. TDS

TDS Junior Member

i have the e60 with a joystick controller.

the blade drops slow.. yesterday it wouldnt drop at all so drained the oil pulled the filters and added new oil today. so now it lowers but really slow. rises and angles at normal speed

also when i hit the joystick up sometimes it will angle left.
    same with when i angle right it will try to angle left

what can i do to fix these issues.

and i have been reading about pressure checking. how do i do this and how to adjust. thanks

any write ups?
  2. jmassi

jmassi Senior Member

Back off the drop speed screw a 1/2 turn or so and see if it lowers any quicker.
  3. TDS

TDS Junior Member

update: i got the downward movement fix. by adjusting the screw

now the right and left is still tricky.

i replaced both my c and b coils and valves.
    -when i hit right it goes left.
    -when i hit up it goes left.
    i have to tap the stick a few times to get it to catch and move
  4. jwkv

jwkv Member

Hi TDS,

Mine does the same thing. I suspect it is a sticky valve. Did you replace the vales and coils with OEM products or aftermarket. I have heard that there can be problems with the aftermarket parts. Some one one stated that you get what you pay for. I live with mine because I only have to touch it the second time to get it to swing the other way.
  5. TDS

TDS Junior Member

i did the sam parts. both valves and coils.

i was reading might be dirty cross over relief valve?

took mine apart and dont see anything wrong with it
  6. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

Left is the default on Meyer pumps.......If there is just power going to the motor, it will go left......Seems to me, that you have a problem in your controler (or somewhere), that power isnt getting to the B and C valves, just to the motor
  7. TDS

TDS Junior Member

im trying to avoid having to go to the dealer tomorrow to fix this. i need to get some lots done.

b and c are clicking and getting magnetic touch when i put a screwdriver to it
  8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Thats a controller or electrical issue as the commands aren't reaching the coils, and when they don't (but the pump runs) they angle left since its the default function when no coils are energized.

Either your joystick is faulty or the connections on the rear of it need addressed.
  9. TDS

TDS Junior Member

are these slick stick (joysticks) prone to problems? ive checked most to all conections
  10. snowdays

snowdays Senior Member
    from Ohio

Make sure you have the coils in the right position. My neighbor took his off to clean up his pump and paint it. When he put them back on, they were backwards. B in the C spot and vice versa. Of course he swears he put them back on in the same spot he took them off. His plow did some strange things that way.
  11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Wouldn't make it turn left though.

Yes when the joysticks get aged the internal contacts and springs deteriorate and get cruddy thus it won't perform the requested function. Same with the connections on the rear.

H1WAYRIDER Junior Member

Either a bad ground to the coil or a bad connection to the coil. Since you have already replaced the coils and valves, look at a problem in the wiring and/or controller. Make sure you are getting a good signal to the coil.