1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ugh is it just me?? Led+ Loader

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by gottaluvplows, Oct 12, 2009.

1. gottaluvplows

gottaluvplows Senior Member

Is it just me or does anyone else feel it ridiculous to put a $500 light bar on my loader!?!
    Also i have a JD Loader i think its a 5059 or something with a cab and HEAT xysport, Where would i put a lightbar so that it would be visible? Or where do you put yours?
    What do you guys/gals have on your loaders out there?
    Any suggestions??

Haha they say pictures get people attention!

Thx Nick
  2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

on the roof?
  3. gottaluvplows

gottaluvplows Senior Member

hahah State the obvious lol but yeah aa few other plowers/buddies say it may not be visible....
    But thx for the input!
  4. 01CTD2500

01CTD2500 Member

Put it up on top, you wont have any problems. If you are that worried you can always put some surface mount LED's lower facing the rear/front/sides whatever.
  5. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Either on top or get some interior lights. I don't see any problem what so ever with it on the top.
  6. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

i have put both mini's and full size edge bars on cabs like that and they look great

also you can do a set of micro edge

or the state of CT way get 2 whelen 1200 and mount them on pipe mounted to side of the cab
  7. Oshkosh1990

Oshkosh1990 Junior Member

Wow kitnimcc, I thought i was the only one who noticed the stupid way CT mounts there expensive lights. But at least they get noticed. Another great idea i only see in Connecticut is having state cops stand by while they cut the grass on the highways.
  8. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

just throw a high speed dual halogen rotator on it.....85 bucks...at the worst
  9. WingPlow

WingPlow Senior Member

they get the job done dont they ????
  10. Oshkosh1990

Oshkosh1990 Junior Member

Very slowly they get the job done
  11. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

I'v got northstar saftey building me a custom bar for my payloader. Its going to be pretty sweet, ambers on the back for a directional stick, work lights in in the rear, side alley lights on each side, amber corner take downs. all kinds of other cool stuff hes making it do. I cant wait to get it! So in my mind,.no its not ridiculous!
  12. BMWSTUD25

BMWSTUD25 Senior Member

on top should be fine but I would just stick with a basic two or three rotating lightbar. As much as I like the look of low pro and LED stuff its really not worth the money......a simple rotator is very effective on that type of equipment IMO, but hey what do I know, Im the idiot thats waiting to place his order for new code 3 led lightbar for my truck for over 2g's and the worst part is I already have one up there I just dont like it lol
  13. SafetyLighting

SafetyLighting Senior Member

Ok, I have to know...........Why are you going to spend that kind of money to get a Code3 bar?