1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ugh!!! e60 wont go down now. HELP!!!! PLEASE

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by TDS, Feb 4, 2010.

1. TDS

TDS Junior Member

ok so once again these pile of **** plows have let me down. i can honestly say Ive spent more time fixing this thing then i have plowed with it. everything worked fine in the spring summer fall but once it gets cold it breaks

now on to the problem...

it goes up just fine and goes down when the plow isnt hooked up (no weight)
    as soon as i put the chain on it and the plow goes up but wont budge to go down. (i have to pull a valve to get it to go down.

just in case of ice in side. i drained the oil for the 3rd time this yr. and i put the pump in my house over night to warm up. next day no ice or water. i flush the rams and fill the pump. i check the a valve/coil and it seems to be working. get magnetic pull. i took it off the power-angle block, not clogged from what i can see. i bench tested the coil with 12v and ground it its clicking.

clif notes:
    goes up and down with no plow attached.
    wont go down when plow is hooked up almost seems "locked up"

goes left and right

new fluid/flushed rams

coils are working.

New slick stick with 5 hrs of use on it if that

i have also played with the set screw to adjust downward depressurizing
  2. TDS

TDS Junior Member

i can also freely move the ram up and down when its in "neutral"
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Is the magnetism strong? If not replace the A coil. What happens is once there's enough hydraulic pressure against the valve (from the blades weight) the coil can't pull it open. They'll work when bench tested and with no pressure against them but won't work once there is.

If the mag does feel strong then replace the A valve. If it has a square shaped coil in it ditch it now and replace it with a round one before it causes you frustration next. Square coil = junk.

Being able to pull the lift ram up manually is normal, it's not a double acting cylinder.
  4. TDS

TDS Junior Member

Bing. Good call thanks