1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

UGGGLy trucks

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by snowplowjay, Aug 26, 2002.

1. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

those new topkicks and kodiaks from GM are the most god awful looking trucks ive ever seen. I saw one on there website with a plow on it and that was even more scarry. Just a heads up dont buy one for the looks

2. myo

myo Senior Member

I know this is a long time ago, but I think the new Topkick and Kodiak's are good looking. I would buy one for their looks and more.

3. SLC1

SLC1 Senior Member

I have a new 2003 Chevy 4500 with 11' dump body and a 10' Fisher Plow and I think that it looks quite good, and have a few compliments on it. Just my two cents

4. gslam88

gslam88 Senior Member

if you think those are ugly then what about the unimog

tell me if you think this is not ugly

Pete

Last edited: Mar 15, 2007
  5. Defective

Defective Junior Member

Now THAT'S a good lookin' truck! :nod:

6. litle green guy

litle green guy Senior Member

I kinda like the new GM's i don't think they look that bad, that uni mog IS ugley though. I'm still trying to figure out why GM isn't making the 4500's and 5500's in 4 wd if they want to compete with Ford. :confused:

7. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

see that would be too smart to wanna get the 4wd out there right away.Why would gm want to grab some of that makret ? And we will never know the answer to that.All and all i think that it will be a good truck when they get that 4wd into it.

8. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

I have always wondered why a contractor who is looking for material handling or towing would buy an F-550. Yes they are 4x4, but it is an F-350 with bigger wheels and some springs. I have driven it, lacks power, brakes, and really can't hold that much weight. Lets say a contractor has to tow a skidsteer move some material and in the winter he plows a parking lot. He could go buy an f-550 for about 45-all the way up to 55 grand, or he could buy a real truck F-650 with a real motor and real tranny for equal or less cost than the 550. I could see the 550 being nice to tow the landscape trailer or do some small jobs also plowing drives with 4 wheel, although the 550 is kinda big. I dont know jsut some observations of the local contractors buying 550s to move top soil stone and machines. Not trying to bash anyhting here but jsut had to get that off my mind. SORRY for going off topic. I was thinking about the 4500s and how they should be more like the 450s and 550s because they are smaller and easier to get into places plus 4x4. I dont know what is giong through GM's head. My dad had the original 3500HD and that was a haul anything truck jsut needed a better motor. If they kept that idea with the new trucks they would have been better off.
    Sorry just thinking out loud
    Eric

9. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

That unimog is really ugly! How could someone drive around in that.? :confused:

I like the f-650 from ford better than the Topkick and Kodiak from GM. I don't think that they look that bad i just think the Fords look better!pumpkin:

10. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

Last month while I am getting my truck oil changed, I got a brochure at my Chevy dealer for Chevy 4500 Topkicks/Kodials and to be honest, they don't look that bad. I think some of their design looks good to me. There are three different front end design that you can choose from. My first choice would be a "fixed grille with uplevel headlights and chrome treatment" as described in brochure. It has four headlights. My second choice would be a "fixed grille". It has two headlights, but the grille looks better than the "standard grille treatment". This is only my opinion.

11. wxmn6

Another thing for those who may be considering GM 4500 Series trucks, don't settle for anything less than the Duramax 6600 diesel engine. In the brochure, I was shocked to see that you have a choice of two engines offered. The first one is Vortec 8100 gas, and the second one is Duramax 6600 diesel. Heck, if I am expecting to do some serious work with 4500, I would get the diesel in a blink of eye. ;) :nod:

12. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

I like those new ones alot put out by Chevy. They are very nice looking and they look real heavy duty, even though no 4WD. I think the frontend is very nice looking as well, they look nothing like the 03 model pick ups, in my oppinion. Im starting to see more and more of them around. All they need now is 4WD. Id get the 8.1 in there over the diesel if I ever got one. Thats a very powerful motor and Im just a gas motor guy I guess. Mike :)

13. ToolManTimTaylor

ToolManTimTaylor Junior Member

Man I want one sooo bad. A guy up this way got a few 'mogs with teeny spreaders. They just look fun to work in.

14. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

If you owned one of those truck, you would be amazed at what it can do!

Rick

15. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

everyones entitled to their own opinion, but i absolutely love the looks for the new commercial seris trucks. have to get the chrome rims though......

Last edited: Aug 16, 2003
  16. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

MDB, that attachment doesnt work, for me anyway. You got me interested in seeing what is was a picture of though. ;) Mike

17. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

18. wxmn6

Those are nice looking trucks! Makes me wish I have one of those. I really do like the design with four headlights and chrome trim across the grill with bowtie. :D Also I like those chrome wheels, it sure make a huge difference.

Hey, did you notice in the 2nd pic, that guy's hose is tangled up in loom? LOL

19. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

OK, I see the pictures now. Those are real nice trucks. I think that new look was a really nice touch. The chrome wheels make all the difference in the world too. Bright red with chrome wheels, beautiful! Mike :drinkup:

20. Foz

Foz Senior Member

They look good to me!:D

all 4 - 2.jpg