1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Uerthane Center Shoe 4 Boss

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ceaman, Dec 20, 2002.

1. ceaman

ceaman Senior Member

Urethane Center Shoe 4 Boss

I am the official test dummy for these....
    I will let you all know how they work!

The Yellow is the Type I.
    The Blue is a harder Material

u shoe 3.jpg

Last edited: Dec 20, 2002
  2. ceaman

ceaman Senior Member

pic 2

u shoe 2.jpg

3. ceaman

ceaman Senior Member

You can see in this picture that the urethane is thicker (almost solid) compared to the OEM piece.

u shoe 1.jpg

4. captdevo

captdevo PlowSite.com Sponsor

i got 2 today also for my Boss V's

they look much tougher than the stock one.

now we need snow!!!!

i'll get them on tommorrow and post a pic or two

5. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Shoe.

Screw the shoe, toss those BOSS and buy a Blizzard.

Blizzard 810 carries 25% more snow than a BOSS vee, and you don't have to go back over and over to clean up what the shoe left behind.

Just my 2 pennies.

:drinkup:

6. 99SDPSD

99SDPSD Senior Member

Where can these be ordered from??

7. PINEISLAND1

PINEISLAND1 PlowSite.com Veteran

Jon Geer, if your Boss is leaving snow like you describe, you should take it back to the guys who installed it, they must have screwed it up.

If you are in our area let me know and I can set you up with some guys who know how to install it correctly. They are in Holland, but worth the trip if the folks on the south end of town are installing things like that !

I know Greenquest stopped by today and showed me on his Boss mount that came out of Byron Center, how they mounted it way too high, and he had to re-do it himself. They were 3-4 inches off from the proper mounting height.

Blizzards are awesome, but Boss is still my choice...

8. ceaman

ceaman Senior Member

Pineisland
    John is a blizzard dealer I believe...

9. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Give me a call at 860 608-1842 and I will be glad to help you find these urethane center pieces. Or try www.articgroomer.com
    Jon Geer's comments aside, for those boss owners who dont want to part with another 4K to change plow colors, try our new peices.
    Also Jon, remember a v plow can still do some things even a blizzard plow cant. How easily can the blizzard open up 18+ inches on a roadway or driveway. Not near as easliy as a v plow can. All plow designs have there place in the market.

10. jonmeyer

jonmeyer Junior Member

BOSS VS BLIZZARD

I RAN ONLY BOSS 9'2" V'S FOR THE PAST FEW YEARS, AND I JUST BOUGHT 5 810'S FOR MY TRUCKS THIS FALL. YES PINE ISLAND, WE DO A GREAT JOB ON BOSS INSTALLS, BUT THE FACT IS, A CLEAN CUT IS A CLEAN CUT. BOTH THE BOSS & BLIZZARD SHAVE PAVEMENT THE SAME, ITS JUST THE FACT YOU WOULD NEED A 14'6" BOSS V TO COMPAIR TO THE BLIZZARD 810. NOW, WHEN YOU BOUGHT YOUR 9'2" V FROM ME, WE TALKED ABOUT BLIZZARDS. THE 810 WILL NOT WORK AS WELL FOR YOU IN BANK DRIVE THRU'S & OTHER TIGHT PLACES, AND THERE IS NO SAVINGS FROM A BOSS TO BLIZZARD ON SMALL 1/2 ACERE LOTS, BUT LOOK AT A 500+ CAR LOTS AND YOU WILL CUT AT LEAST 20 MIN / HOUR. THE BOSS CENTER SHOES ARE PART #MSC4253 FOR ABOUT $50. I HAVE TRIED 1/4" RUBBER CUT IN A CIRCLE ABOUT 12" AND JUST USING ONE BOLT TO HOLD EVERY THING IN PLACE, THIS WAY WHEN YOU HIT STUFF, IT JUST BENDS OR SPINS. TRUST ME, IT WORKS.

11. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

I'm just loking for time savings, and by far the Blizzard brings just that.

I am a Blizzard Dealer and a proud owner of a Blizzard 8611.

Two pennies.:realmad:

12. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Also, here in West Michigan we use a front blade AND a rear blade(plow) combo for more increased time savings.

I just set up my personal truck with an 8611 on the front, and a 16' rear expanding plow. This is all with central hydros on a 2003 Ford F350 Lariat with the 6.0 Power Stroke Diesel.

Will have pictures of action after tonights storm.:D

13. PINEISLAND1

It seems with so many new members, and many of them dealers, every thread about everything turns into an ad for their product.

Back to topic, its great to see an aftermarket company improve on an idea like mpt did with these snow catchers.

That is a definate benefit of Plowsite !

14. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Urethane shoe

Great to see a different shoe for this application.

Jeremy did you get them trough Dino or where.

Please post purchase location if you would. We have several Boss V owners looking for a better shoe for there plows.

Keep us informed of the wearability and cleaning compared to stock.

Once again thanks for being a Test Dummy!!!! Without guys like you we'd still be using Meyer manual angle blades on our 50's and 60's trucks.

Jerre

15. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Yes those center pieces came through me.
    Jeremy was kind enough last year to send MPT a stock piece out of his pocket, and it took a while, but MPT finally made some. He didnt get charged because of his willingness to help us out. Jerre, give me a call, I will be glad to get some out to you as well. If things go well, I can even get you the evaluation pricing on them.
    We all know that there are different types of plows in the market, and all have pros and cons. This thread was started for the purpose of showing boss plow owners who have up till now, only had a poorly designed center shoe available to them, that they now have a what we hope is a much better design available to them. For all you blizzard owners, I am truly happy that your plow works great for you, however, coming into this thread and slamming the boss owners or even comparing the two types of plows is not what this thread was intended for.
    Dino

16. ceaman

ceaman Senior Member

Thank you Dino!

17. PINEISLAND1

I appreciate all the insight that we get from the new plow dealers that are getting involved here. I am glad that we have many good dealers in our area, and I am sure Jon that you provide a valuable community service on the south end of our town. We have many good threads about everyones favorite brand as well, but this topic was simply about a problem solved by MPT, and I really appreciate that !

I haven't ran steel edges in a few years, but I have a new 9'2" Boss V that I just received the urethane for Thursday, and haven't installed yet. I ran the steel edges/rubber snow catcher yesterday, and already ripped it off ! Boss should be paying close attention to this thread, and giving MPT a call soon !

18. snooker

snooker Member
    from Zone 7

How did these urethane snow-catcher's work out?

I was wondering if a single u-edge piece could be fitted across a V-Plow. Would there be enough stretch to form a V without ripping the urethane and would the center section stay down on the pavement in the scoop position?

19. DuallyVette

DuallyVette Member

I TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH YOU ON THIS. You can have your opinion, but do we need to hear this on EVERY POST :gunsfiring: :gunsfiring: :gunsfiring:

20. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

LMAO!! This is an old thread but I agree also. :nod: