1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

UD Cabover plow mount?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by cutedge, Aug 11, 2012.

1. cutedge

cutedge Junior Member

Hi all, interested in mounting a plow on an 04 UD 1200 cabover truck. Cannot find mounting brackets/cartons anywhere...and advice/tips/references would be greatly appreciated
  2. blazer2plower

blazer2plower Senior Member

I know there out there. I have seen them. I thank western has or did have them. You may have to do a little Fab work to get it to fit
  3. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

Boss and Western both make a kit that can be modified to fit almost any truck. I think both companies call them a universal mount, but don't quote me on that. Good Luck
  4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Pretty sure fisher does as well
  5. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

I've heard speculation that the issue isn't the plow, but the lack of strength in the front sector truck's frame. Mitsubishi cab overs are supposed to be of the same issue. Weakness in the frame, combined with the rigors of plowing, mean damaged truck frame.

Anyone else heard of this ?
  6. blazer2plower

blazer2plower Senior Member

In fort Wayne there is a company that's all they have and for the last 6 years he has had no problem. When he comes back to my store ill ask him what mounts and plow he is using.