1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

UD 3300 4X4 Cabover

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SD-Dave, Jan 11, 2009.

1. SD-Dave

SD-Dave Senior Member
    from Vermont

anyone here using or considering the new UD 3300 4x4 cabover?

real truck 33000 GVW

230 inline 6 cylinder allision trans, air brakes etc

150" wheelbase easy manevering excellent visiblity

sounds pretty good

anybody take the dive yet?

any thougths??

www.UDtrucks.com

2. SD-Dave

SD-Dave Senior Member
    from Vermont

nobody has any thoughts opinions etc. on this truck???

I am shocked :eek:

3. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Doesn't the site say it has a torsion bar front end?

4. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

looks like a fine truck but i don't see how they would be much better plowing a parking lot than a light duty pickup(f 550 or a 3500)

5. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

I've always thought these LCF (low cab forward) style trucks would make an awesome plow truck, but I haven't seen one.
    great visability
    amazing turning radius (incredibly short wheelbase's)

real truck innards, not overworked pickup trucks (F450, sterling bullet, etc)

They get amazing mileage too.

anyone done one?

6. plowinli

plowinli Member

I would think they would be great for visability but do they offer a front drive axle(all wheel drive)?

7. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

Photo_072108_004.jpg

That is my UD-2000. Straight 6 diesel, allison automatic, air brakes. I love it. 14 mpg and can out haul, out race, and out stop my F-450 that gets 7mpg. I would love to have a 4WD version for plowing.

Photo_072108_004.jpg

8. Jello1

Jello1 Senior Member

I think it's an Isuzu version with the shorter cab. But a local landscaper has one with a 10' landscape dump on it, With a full size spreader and a 9' plow. Not sure if it's a 4wd or not. But seen it around for a few years.

9. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

Wonder what they sticker at?

I had a Chevy W4/Isuzu with a 12' rack body, a little 4cyl turbo diesel and I have to say it was a great truck.
    Found a photo of the 4x4 UD..

UD_3300-4x4-2008_main.jpg

10. Loaderpusher

Loaderpusher Member

We use a GMC cab-over, dont have a plow on it, just a 4 yard salt dogg spreader in the bed. I like salting with it a lot better than the F-450 i was using before. Better vision and turning.

11. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

You can always tell if they are 4x4 or not. They sit so much higher with 4x4.

12. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

I plow with 2 Chevy cabovers 2wds. I would love to have only cab overs for plowing. Love them.

J.

13. A Man

A Man Senior Member

Couldn't agee more. We just picked up our first, an 09 GMC 5500HD, 4 1/2 yard salter in the back and a 8'2" boss V with wings on the front. It's going to have a multilift put on in the spring so we will be able to put pins on it, and have a liquid unit as well as the spreader set up for it, best of all they're inexpensive to buy and have a decent payload and great mileage. No repairs to be done yet but I don't think you could ask for a easier truck to work on. Will definatly be getting at least one more next fall!

14. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

I would like it if you could post pics of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!tymusic

15. paponte

paponte Senior Member

16. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

I thought that the Mitsu Isuzu was the only cabover available with 4wd. Is the Nissan available with it too?

17. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

18. SD-Dave

SD-Dave Senior Member
    from Vermont

Are you kidding me??

Read the spec's this is a 33000lb GVW....that's about double a F-350.

it has a real diesel straight six turbo diesel with 260hp and about 800lb/ft of torque.

I has an Allison trans....and a 4 wheel drive.

and it will turn in half the space of a F-350 and carry twice as much with a plow 2 feet wider with much greater visibilty.

I had a Fuso FG and it was great but this is twice the truck.

Dave

19. A Man

A Man Senior Member

I'll try to get some for you tomorrow. I guess I didn't mention that ours isn't 4x4, we weren't even planning on putting a plow on it but we had and extra boss (our back up) and I figured it would work just as well being a back up on the front of the cabover so we mounted it on the truck, and the next thing you know were adding wings because it was able to push so much. One thing I really like about it is that even when we have it loaded to 19500 lbs it drives almost the same as emply. Our F550's sure don't do that!

20. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Wonder if Jerre has ever put an 8611 on one of those?