1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

U.S Maintenance

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ColumbiaLand, Feb 9, 2009.

1. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

Hey Guys, Just Got A Call From Someone At US Maintenance. They Gave Me A Sesonal Price For A Bank. It Paid $1.00 For The Season And They Said They Wanted To Pay It In 4 Payments! So I Get $0.25 Per Month For It Plow And Salt! Sounds Like A Money Maker Huh?payup

JK Stay Away From Those Guys:gunsfiring:
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2009
  2. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

You may want to counter for $5. I hear its a pretty easy lot. AHAHAH
    They are a riot
  3. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

what did they really offer you?I need a good laugh.
  4. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I would have took the first offer it sounded fair...afterall there are alot of people willing to do it for that!
    lol what a joke!
  5. ogdenflooring

ogdenflooring Member

If you'll do it for a dollar....the next guy will be at $.85
  6. ColumbiaLand

No of course it was a joke, They did call me at the beginning of the season and ask me to bid on a Bank Of America which is right next to a local bank I have done for 2 years now, They both have similar parking lots size wise. They offered me half of what the local bank does. I gave them a bid anyway, even a few follow up calls, no one ever called back from USM. They went with some guy that is way out of town. The Bank Of America looks horrible during a storm and it seems like they never plow it and its only clean well after the storm is over while my bank is hit every two hours and usually has wet pavement as much as possible.
  7. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

US Maintenance? Are they a part of Landcare USA and I think they are a part of Tru Green/Chem LAwn?
  8. ColumbiaLand

They Are Their Own Company.
  9. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

That's probably about how much profit you would make for the year.
  10. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

there is a rite aid that is done right next to my house that USM has the contract for. I drive by and cant believe how terrible it looks. it is always has packed down snow on it and like columbia said earlier it is never clean till a long time after the storm. Now that I think about it is not even completly bare 3 days after a storm.I saw the guy that does it,he just comes in and pushes a little snow around and is gone.he doesnt even shovel the walks except for a small area near the front door. Complete garbage, but that is what you get for that price.
  11. tutianoburgante

tutianoburgante Member

Hey take it from us we do a great deal of work for them, don't ever under any circumstances work for them your life will be terrible. It isn't worth it in any capicty.
  12. Bigcat99

Bigcat99 Senior Member

I used to deal with them from the other side - as the manager of the big box they had the contract with. They were calling me/us every couple hours to check on the local sub they had by the B@lls. The sub did a great job, but they were still on him to be on the lot constantly. It was NOT a zero tolerance contract either. He would stop in and ask me if I called, since he would get calls from them demanding that he return to the lot 30 minutes after leaving it. I would have to tell him that I was often the one on the phone with USM telling them our lot was clean and salted. They would sometimes call @ 4 am to tell me that their info was indicating that we were supposed to have 2-4" of fresh stuff on the ground, and I would have to tell them "nope, only have a light dusting so far." The local sub lived 3 miles from the parking lot. And this was his biggest gig in town. He was trying to build his business, so he just kept dealing with them, as he felt he couldn't afford to lose this highly visible account. Many times he would come in and mention to us that he was having issues getting paid too. Like for 2-3 months in the past. I would send that up to our regional facilities guys, and he would get his money within the week.

They run the same way with the landscaping/lawn contracts during the summer.
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  13. tutianoburgante

tutianoburgante Member

Wow what this person just said is the Gods Honest truth. People you should listen to this guy because this is what could happen to you if in the event you do business with them. We are attempting to obtain a senoir level of managements protocol outline book I am sure that we could find the following qoute in there " Get more for less "