1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

u.s maintenance??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by northernsweeper, Oct 4, 2004.

1. northernsweeper

northernsweeper Senior Member

Hi all,
    Anyone do any plowing for U.S. maintenance? If so how were they to deal with?pray for snow!

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

The best advise (and not meaning to be a smart aleck) is to use the "search" feature for "US Maintenance" before you contract with them.

3. BRIMOW525

BRIMOW525 Senior Member

Ihave never done work for them, but I can tell you their price structure sucks! I wouldn't get out of bed for the price's they told me they would pay. To do a 25-30 car parking lot, (Rite Aid to be exact) 2"-4", plow lot, salt lot, clear all walks and salt all walks......A massive, whooping, $95.00!

4. northernsweeper

What search feature Mick? I searched plowsite and the web for u.s.maintenance.Where would I look? I would like to talk to someone who has done a large retail for them on a seasonal basis.Thanks guys.

5. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

North...I dug it up for you to read carefully...............geo :drinkup:

6. Mick

from Maine

northernsweeper, for your (and anyone else's) use, the search feature can be found at the top of each Plow Site forum on a bar that starts with ("user cp", "FAQ", "Calendar", "New Posts", "Search"...). Click on Search, enter any subject or name you are interested in in the box, then click "go". You'll get threads that contain the words you entered.

But, you really just need to read through the thread George brought titled "Another US Mainentance Call" up to learn about US Maintenance. Thanks, George.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2004
  7. northernsweeper

O.K..I did as you said.Thank you. I did find a lot of bad experiences with u.s.maintenance.Is there anyone out there currently plowing...say a target store,that is having any good relationships with this outfit? I hate to beat a dead horse, but the money sounds to good to pass up(if they pay). If taking a contract with u.s.maintenance would enable you to keep your home for another year,would you take it? Pray for snow!

8. Mick

from Maine

If you go into it with your eyes open and this would allow you to possibly save your house, I'd say "go for it". It's one thing for people to say "Do this or that", but when your back is against the wall, you do what you gotta do. Just follow the provisions to the letter.

I've been there and yes, I would.

9. mickman

mickman Senior Member

I plow a rite-aid. It takes anywhere from 30-60 days for payment.
    They pay my prices. yeah, they have a pricing structure, but if they want professional services, then pay for it. too much plow work to do elsewhere.
    If your not going to make any profit, then turn it down if they won't meet
    your prices. They have to have someone do it regardless.

10. SteveR

SteveR Senior Member

I have done business with US Maint in the past. I had very poor luck with them They pay slow and try to dictate prices. My acct manager even would say that the store manager was not happ with the job after he got the bill. It is my impression that they are trying to screw those of us trying to make a living. Oh and by the way they may change contractors in the middle of a winter if they find a lower price, they do this by stating dissatisfaction and making it legal with the contract wording

11. bushtrimmer

bushtrimmer Junior Member

I had this exact same experience with u.s. maintenance. And then try to get money out of them when you quit or they find someone cheaper. The bastards still owe me money. Building manager would sign bill, then account manager would say they were unhappy and not pay, same sh$t. They are in a different state and their contract is terrible, never sign it, u have to goto pennsylvania for arbitration, no court action.

NEVER NEVER WORK FOR U.S. MAINTENANCE