1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

U.S. Maintenance subs???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dbyrone, Jan 7, 2005.

1. dbyrone

dbyrone Junior Member

Anyone sub contract snow removal for U.S. Maintenance? If so, have you had any problems getting paid?

The reason I ask is because I took on a department store for them this year which was located in a shopping plaza I already had. After the first snow event this year I billed them and they refused to pay. They stated that I had not submitted my billing within 3 days of event, as stated in the contract. I didn't remember ever seeing anything like this in the contract so I pulled it out and re-read it twice and found nothing about submitting the bill within 3 days. I then contacted them again stating this and they said they would look into it. Two weeks later and I still have heard nothing.

Has anyone else had these problems with U.S. Maintenance?

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Join the crowd :rolleyes: . For some interesting reading, do a search of "US Mainentance".

I did the search thing and it looks like there really too many to sort through. This might be a good place to start and someone else might have a link to some other good threads:

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=11626&page=3&pp=20&highlight=Maintenance

Another:
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=10866&highlight=Maintenance

I just remembered, you can scroll down to the bottom of this page for "Similar Threads". :eek:

Last edited: Jan 7, 2005
  3. SkykingHD

SkykingHD Senior Member

DBYRONE not paid

You are a victim of the "AREA MANAGEMENT SYNDROME". Do not feel bad. We are lucky there is some place we can spread the word about the "evil doers" of the snow plow industry.

Here is how I see it with area management. Come into town and bid very low to secure the bids for snow removal and salting. Hire sub-contractors at a very low price. Put as many stumbling blocks in the way of getting paid as the subcontractor will allow. Do not pay the sub-contractor when he does the work. The "area management company" has the money 2 corporations deep so if you get a judgment against him you can not collect. This is how it works. Be thankful you only got stuck with one no pay.

We have the same thing here and in time it will pass. As I have said before Area Management does not work. You can not be 400 miles away directing a service company. We are lucky in OHIO as the person who benefits from the work is responsible for payment so if the general contractor defaults to the sub the sub can go to court and get a judgment against the customer. The customer will not like paying twice and should fire the area management company.

I would go to the store that you did the work for and tell them of this web site and ask them to view all the bad about area management.

Good luck and remember you will always pay for your education. Today we learned that area management is not good for the sub-contractor.

Dave

4. mickman

mickman Senior Member

Run Away As Fast As You Can!!!!!!!!

5. parrothead

parrothead Senior Member

run forrest run