1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

U F Maintenance??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by westbrooklawn, Dec 21, 2004.

1. westbrooklawn

westbrooklawn Member

Anyone deal with a company by the name of U F Maintenance out of Pa.? I got a call from them wanting me to bid on a Fast Fare convenience store/gas station in my area. Any experience dealing with them???

2. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

If you are thinking of US maintnace RUN :eek: Run as fast as you can!

3. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

Do a search, there are threads here about US Maintenance. They are basically a company that hires contractors for a business "Middlemen". I have a buddy that does work for them...slow paying but he gets paid. I personally won't work for them. They contact me every year.

4. westbrooklawn

westbrooklawn Member

I need to go back and listen to the voicemail.......it sounded like "UF" maintenance, but I bet it is "U.S." maintenance. I have just completed a search on here and I know why you say "RUN"!!! I might give them a contract with a substantial retainer fee, ie. if they want me "ready to serve" they will have to pay me a retainer in advance, not refundable whether we get snow or not. I know my chances of getting such a contract would be slim, but in this area we may or may not even have a plowable event, so it would be the only way I would do it. Since plowing is not too competitive in this area because of the uncertainty of snow, it may be worth it to them just to know they are covered if they need service.

5. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

There is no telling them...they have there own system with pricing...they tell you. If you don't accept they look for someone who will.

6. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

If everyone would require that a we would all be better off.

try it who knows?

Our busines requires a retainer for anyone from out of state. It is real hard to collect if they are not avalable for you to talk to in person.

7. bushtrimmer

bushtrimmer Junior Member

RUN RUN RUN from them
    They'll lie, cheat and deceive to not have to pay you.
    Always gets into he said she said and everything is always haveing to be done now!

8. plowboy41

plowboy41 Junior Member

I worked for U.S. Maintenance. They told me what I could get for plowing and salting. I accepted because it was on my way to another contract. Payment was very slow, last payment recieved was in July. They didn't pay the last invoice. Hotel I was doing it for got rid of U.S. Maintenance, but kept me. What does that tell you?