1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

U edges in Toronto?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by coolgreen, Oct 21, 2003.

1. coolgreen

coolgreen Member

It seems that everyone in the Toronto (Ontario, Canada) area has missed the boat on polyurethane cutting edges. I can't find one anywhere. A few people have e-mailed me regarding getting one from the U.S., but I'd really like to deal with someone in my area. I'd like to see one up close before I buy it.

I went to two large local shops that handle plows and neither of them knew what I was talking about. I'm seriously considering importing these things and marketing them here myself. If everything I've read about them is true, they could be a big seller around here - thousands of fancy interlocking stone driveways with those raised stones.

If I order one from the U.S. will it be pre-drilled? How hard are they to install? I read in one thread a backing plate is needed, is this true?

Anyone out there using one in anywhere in Canada yet?

2. Nova

Nova Member

I believe Bonzai has one.

Do a search.

3. wyldman

wyldman Member

I have looked into it,and it's just not cost effective.Most of the good urethane has to be shipped up from the US,and by the time you add exchange,duty,shipping and taxes,the price gets outrageous.Maybe that has changed recently since I looked into it.

Haven't really found anyone around here who carries a proper urethane edge for a snowplow.

We've been used municipal grade 5/8" carbide edges for years,and they are dirt cheap,and last for many years of hard plowing.As long as your careful on delicate surfaces,they work just fine.