1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

U edge & back drag edge

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by flakesmeangreen, Sep 30, 2003.

1. flakesmeangreen

flakesmeangreen Senior Member

Hey everyone! Haven't posted in a while although I did stop here a few times during the summer. It was like this place never shut down after winter!

Here's my question: I put a U edge on my plow last year (and love it) and was thinking about putting the Western back drag edge on my plow; it's about $55. Has anyone tried one with a U edge or have any thoughts/problems about using the 2 together? Thanks in advance.

-Tim

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Just remember the backdrag edges don't trip or ride over stuff when backdragging,so go slow,or it may catch something and damage the plow.They will usually tear the centre pivot area out of the a-frame,as it's very thin there.

3. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Welcome back! I'm curious, after you saw how much better performance the U-edge gave to the back dragging, why do you think you might need the added back drag edge? I can't think of any problems, but it's probably not necessary??