1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

U.D. with Hiniker

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by zeke99, Nov 28, 2005.

1. zeke99

zeke99 Junior Member
    from WI

I thought some folks might be interested to see our 97' U.D. with V-plow and salter. We love this set up. It is very manuverable and pushes well.

Zeke

unique truck.jpg

2. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

Looks good.Do you use tire chains?

3. zeke99

zeke99 Junior Member
    from WI

No tire chains. We just load up with salt and go. When it's empty it can be
    a little tricky but we have'nt gotten it stuck yet. We push mainly large sites with it and then salt them.

Zeke

4. syNNer

syNNer Junior Member

does Hiniker make a mount for the UD or did you have it fabbed up to your truck? great looking setup.

5. zeke99

zeke99 Junior Member
    from WI

We had the mount custom fitted. As far as I Know very few of the plow manufacturers actually make mounts for the cab over trucks. I really like
    the way this set up works and I'm suprised it isn't utilized by more people.
    The UD setup is rare I know but we all see the number of Isuzu and Mitsu's out there and now Ford and International have cab overs. Maybe we will
    see more plow applications for the cabovers in the future.

Zeke