1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Typical ClearLane cost

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by hatefulmechanic, Jan 29, 2013.

1. hatefulmechanic

hatefulmechanic Senior Member

Down here, unless you preorder, no one carries ClearLane. I need to finish my stockpile location for next season, but was wondering what ya'll are paying a ton on Clearlane in various areas?

2. MahonLawnCare

MahonLawnCare Senior Member
    from Ohio

80 ton ohio

3. nighthawk117

nighthawk117 Senior Member
    from Ma

Paid $108.00 ton picked up in Ma

4. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

75 a ton pickup at abraxus a local salt retailer and that was pre order price here in Cleveland. I don't know what the price is directly from the plant but being it only 5 minutes from my shop and if I had the space to store my own salt I would think it would be 55 to 65 a ton. But just call and they can help you better then me.

5. mustangman02232

mustangman02232 Senior Member

Pretty sure it's $108 a ton in Westfield ma

6. hatefulmechanic

Thanks for the replies. We have a small storage facility in Roanoke that we can pick up from, the only thing they service is the state highway dept and a few other accounts. Clearlane is preorder only, they do not keep a quantity on hand during the season.

I am debating on ordering it there during preseason ordering, but wanted to get an idea of out of area pickup price as well since I have capability of hauling 30T at a time on a dump trailer.

7. Lugnut

Lugnut Senior Member

This thread is aggrevating me, 120-140 a ton here

8. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson Senior Member

Is it possible to buy the liquid separate and blend it yourself?

The formula is not a secret, similar products are available.

Just my .02 cents

9. hatefulmechanic

I am sure it is, and it is an option. Hence the reason I am trying to determine average price.