1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

types of driveways

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by steelcity, Nov 2, 2002.

1. steelcity

steelcity Junior Member

This is just a general but important question for plowers. Around the area that i plow there seems to be more and more patterned concrete driveways. Also there are interlock driveways as well. I have talked with other plowers and they suggest to put the blowers on the drives instead of my plow. i know that damage can result from the plow on these driveways and i do not want to make anybody unhappy but i am looking for ways to save time during a storm. I am wondering what your suggestions or techniques are with these driveways.

thanks!!!! :D :D :D
  2. Got Grass?

Got Grass? Senior Member

Simple, put a poly edge on the plow.
  3. HandyHaver

HandyHaver Senior Member

Got Grass got it rite. I do all res drives and alot of my accounts have paver aprons. These were a PIA due to the fact that we would have to clear them with a blower. My poly edge should be here any day now and I have been targting estates with pavers,or freshly sealed drives. I have gotten a big response.

I am picking up bigger accounts and they will be more clustered this year enabling me to write more work. I haven't tried these edges as yet but did alot of research before I invested in one.
    I wrote a new account the other day that will pay for the edge in 2 visits or one snowfall over 6". Now all I need is old man winter to kick in. He kind of passed us by last season. :mad:

4. steelcity

steelcity Junior Member

can you get the polyedge for the western MVP plow? :) :)
  5. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Yep, little plows like that, big highway plows, pushers, etc., they're used on all. Hit the "search" buttoin on the top right corner of your screen & you will find a few threads with comments on them. Good luck.
  6. HandyHaver

HandyHaver Senior Member

Check with Plowking35 (Dino). He can fill in all the blanks for you.
    As BRL said, do a search and you should be able to find Dino's #.
    Let me know how you make out.

7. steelcity

steelcity Junior Member

hey guys sorry for the long delay in replying. i have been busy doing final cleanups and dealing with the snow fall last weekend. Anyway i looked into getting the poly edge for plow and the price was 500.00 cdn. So as this was alittle steep for now i had steel edges installed 200.00 installed. 5/8 steel edge that is. It worked well for the first snow fall but again some driveways i willb espending some time on. i Have 40 drives and 1 lot to do this year. Here we go again.