1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Type of salter

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by mmhandyman, Dec 2, 2006.

1. mmhandyman

mmhandyman Junior Member

My husband is new to the snow plowing this year. He has a 1997 Ford F150 4x4. He is looking to purchase a tailgate salter. What do you reccomend for his vehicle?

2. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

I really like the snowex 1075, they have been around for awhile now and seem to work pretty well. You can find them on sale on ebay and of course one will show up for sale on this site also.

Regards Mike

3. rgrimes945

rgrimes945 Senior Member

Spreaders

I have a Myers that I purchased used off the ebay site a couple of years ago.It has been very dependable for me. Ray Grimes

4. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

i would say snowex...1075 would be good for that truck...my fav is the one my uncle has...1875...might be much for that truck...hes got a 3500 but 1075 would work good....goood luck