1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Type of plow needed for a Jeep Wrangler

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by lchiapel, Dec 18, 2005.

1. lchiapel

lchiapel Junior Member

Does anyone know what brand of plow I should use to push snow, with a Jeep Wrangler? Is there a lightweight type out there that I can use? How should I beef up my front suspension to accomodate a plow?

2. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Yes you will need to beef up your front suspension a little. Most people, including me, find the conventional way (timbren load boosters) to make Jeeps ride way to stiff. Best thing for the Jeep is to get some airbags for the front end. You should also have some counterweight in the back, generally around 400 LBS for a Jeep Wrangler placed over or rearward of the rear axle.

As far as plows go, look into the Fisher LD series (come in 6'9" and 7'6" you will want the 6'9"), Western 6'6", Blizzard 680 or 720 (id recommend the 720), Curtis 7' and Snoway 6'5" -7'. Boss also makes a 7' but iam not sure if they have a mount for the wraglers or not, id imagine they do.
  3. bluejeep

bluejeep Member
    from IL

I have 93 wrangler with a snowbear, and love plowing with it. Im looking for a newer one now. Im thinking about getinga snowway plow becouse it has downpresuer, so the when you back drage that plow wont flow over the snow. Do anyother companys offer downpressure for plows?
  4. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

a snoway would be good or a blizzard for weight....but western makes one, meyers fisher curtis they all do...just what you like and what your going to be using it for.....
  5. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I would go blizzard 720LT
  6. addicted

addicted Senior Member

Get the sno way. I just installed mine. You get the lightweight poly plow with the heavyweight performance with the down pressure. Snoway is the only company with down pressure. Patented! Check out my thread in the snoway section about the install in the next few days. . .