1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Type of plow for my chevy

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by tsmith821, Nov 11, 2004.

1. tsmith821

tsmith821 Junior Member

I've got a 95 k1500 and am thinking of getting a plow for the winter. I found one on ebay that seems to be a good deal but not sure if its to much plow for my truck. It's a western 7.5' unimount pro. Is this too heavy, or would I be ok with it. Maby add some timbrens? My truck does have a 3" body lift (not suspension).

2. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

You should have no problem with that plow, just make sure you have the correct mount and wiring harness,,,, having to buy them from a dealer can really jack the price up...

3. go to fisherplows.com and go through the ematch program, it will tell you what is available for your truck.

4. raptorman03

raptorman03 Senior Member

I got my hiniker of E bay i onley gave 1800 for it too and every thing was there i need too.

5. Duplantisjj

Duplantisjj Senior Member

Your 1500 should be fine...I would suggest Timbrens...they sure helped my front end handle my 7'6" Boss Poly...dramatic difference on my setup w/o Timbrens. :eek:

6. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

You're truck will take just about any 7.5 ft plow out there, as long as you keep the weight down

7. raptorman03

raptorman03 Senior Member

Did you instal your Timbrens yourself? If so how hard of a job is it to do?

8. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

It only took me about an hour to install my Timbrens. It took longer for me to get the old bump stops out then it did to get the new ones in...Rob