1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

type of diesel

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by ajslands, Oct 21, 2009.

1. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

hey i drive an 2004 f-250 6.0 Turbo Diesel and was wondering if i should use the new ultra-low highway sulfer fuel or the older kind, ive heard that the older kind is best for trucks and the newer kind is required on '07 and later models. so help me please.:help:

2. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

all the fuel around here is ultra low sulfer 07 and up compliant you cant get the low sulfer from the pump anymore here in ct, but to answer your question yes its fine in your truck i ussually run some diesel power service to keep thngs lubed up. but if i had a choice i would go with the old stuff.

3. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

I bet you would be hard pressed to find the old stuff, especially after the end of this year.

4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

You're so darn practical.

Good luck OP, you really don't have a choice thanks to the enviro-nazis. Get some fuel additives and use those to make up for the lack of sulfur.

5. Bigfoot Brent

Bigfoot Brent Senior Member

Buy the old low sulpher stuff if you still can. It has more BTU's or heat energy and will give you slightly better milage.

6. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

truck stops all usually have LSD and ULSD

7. bluerage94

bluerage94 Senior Member

#2 diesel...

8. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

Ive read that motor was designed to run on ULSD.