1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Type of circular saw blade for cutting U Edges

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Lawn Lad, Dec 5, 2002.

1. Lawn Lad

Lawn Lad Senior Member

What type of ciruclar saw blade am I supposed to use for cutting U Edges? Couldn't find this mentioned when using the search, though I've read it before in some various posts.

THanks for the help.

from NJ

A combination blade should work fine, just not something that is too agressive , but not a fine cut blade either, teeth will be too small .. I would think like a 30 or 40 tooth blade would be fine.. I would look for something with an ATB .. alternating top bevel if you can find it, that will make the cut finish smoother . the TCG , triple chip grind is specified for laminates and hard plastics, so dont think that is necessary for ploy being it is pretty soft compared to plexiglass..
  3. ceaman

ceaman Senior Member

I used a rough cutblade on a circular saw and it worked fine. if you have too much friction it will get gummy.... I drilled the holes with a spade wood bit.
  4. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

I've cut a few Urethanes with the combo blades I use for landscape timber work with great results. The blades are thin kerf, 35 teeth, carbide tipped combos. Used paddle bits for the holes with no problems.
  5. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

Cutting The Edge

If you don't want to used a saw a "sharp" utility knife works great. I cut most of the edges that need to be trimmed with one, and use a speed square for a straight cut. Just flex the blade back a "little" when you cut. Spray some WD-40 into the cut as a lubricant. :rolleyes: John