1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Type of boss plow

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by arctiva, Nov 6, 2010.

1. arctiva

arctiva Junior Member

Can anyone tell what type or style boss v plow this is? I know its older but the guy selling it doesnt know anything about it. Its plow only so im looking for a mount and wireing to see if its worth the 500$ for the blade.

plow.jpg

plow 2.jpg

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Def not a boss. Either fisher or western, or diamond.

3. arctiva

arctiva Junior Member

I know the picture aint the greastest but im takeing them from a phone of the for sale add. The last picture says the boss on the blade. But maybe the blade was redone as there looks to be no rust just faded red paint on the blade. In all the looking and searching i cant find any older boss plows that has that middle spring sticking up and dont have the lower cylinders for each blade..

plow 4.jpg

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I could be a older artic too. Boss RT1s looked just like that, but the cylinders were mounted how they are on todays vee plows from boss. The trip springs were mounted like todays vee plows with little change. Also they added another trip spring for a total of 4 instead of 3 in the RT1 models. Someone mostlikely slapped a boss sticker on it. Doesn't look like a bad plow otherwise. If you can look at it in person look for a serial number, or manufacture stickers. Something with true company logo on it.

5. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

Boss did have a conventional type plow also, we just had one come in our shop and ofcourse we all looked at it like wtf. our forman used to install them though, all hydrolic pumps mounted underhood..ect.

i'd keep looking myself, too much trouble finding parts..ect for somthing that old.

6. arctiva

arctiva Junior Member

I agree on keep looking. I asked the guy if there was any model numbers or info on year and what not and the guy responded with the truck/mount and pump under the hood is all gone just the plow left. I may drive over and look as its only 20 miles away and the guy put it out by the road today so he says. Maybe a 50$ bill buys it LOL