1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

TYM tractors

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Premier, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Premier

Premier Senior Member

Just wondering if anybody out there is running TYM tractors. I stoped by the local dealer today and they seem to be a good tractor, just wondering about there record on the job. I can get 503 cab w/ loader for 25,500 which seems to be a great price for a 50hp tractor.

2. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

I heard JDDAVE is changing his name to TYMDAVE, and he also bought one of those Cheech and Chong Loaders.

3. keitha

keitha Senior Member

Shop around.
    Cheap isn't always the cheapest.
    Dealer/ warranty support, spare parts availability.
    Starter goes up and you need to wait weeks for it to get here.
    Resale/ trade in value.
    Even consider small issues like maintenance , fuel use and speed of hydraulics.

4. Premier

Premier Senior Member

Im considering all of those things I have done business with the dealer in the past and they are very prompt with there service. but as we all know the dealer even the good ones will "sell" you on there product thats why I was wondering if anybody out there had used them.

5. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAA :drinkup:

6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Drinking after work again are we. LOL :drinkup:

7. JohnnyRoyale

I figured you'd find the post sooner or later. LOL.

8. Brad3403

Brad3403 Senior Member
    from Alberta

I picked up a couple of "Montana" brand tractors this summer to use for snow removal. They are apparently very similiar to "TYM". I think they will work great and the price is VERY good.

9. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

Brad, i am curious how these work out for you this year, we have a dealer down here also, and the price point is hard to beat, but i don't want to get saddled with junk either.

10. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

Neige uses a bunch of those i think. and he has a fleet of them, so i'm assuming they work great.

11. JohnnyRoyale

If I'm not mistaken he runs kubotas and new hollands exclusively.

12. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

x2, i am sure he runs kubotas and new hollands, but dont' worry, he well be on here ranting about this tonight, lol

13. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

ya you're right. went back to his pic. my bad. lol

14. wewille

wewille Senior Member

I demoed an 80 horse machine. It was a bare bones tractor. The cab was noisy and unrefined. It didnt have many base features like the jd, and I didnt think visibility was as good either. Ease of maintanence seemed to be pretty good. Everything was easy to get at. I think for somebody on a tight budget it would work ok, especially if it doesnt see regular use. Overall it was a good tractor but it was just good. Maybe in the future I may buy one, but I wont be the guy operating it for 12 hours straight either. This is definitly a case of "you get what you pay for." I did not purchase it, I went with the John deere 5085m. There was no comparison between the two. The JD was better in every aspect, of course it was just shy of $30,000 more. If I remember right the tym had a better warranty than the jd tho...

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  15. Premier

Premier Senior Member

yeah, john deere has a 3 year warranty and tym has a 5 year warranty. the reason that im considering one is my budget i can buy a used jd w/ no warranty or i can get something new with a warranty. but at the same time i dont want the tires to fall off it when i hit 500 hours and be screwed. Im also looking into leasing as a option cuz i really like john deere tractors.

16. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

Warranty only matters if you can get the parts, from what I hear that is an issue with some of the Korean models.

17. wewille

wewille Senior Member

Are you on hwy 51, just north of mahoney? Would you be dealing with mueller implement if you whent with the tym? If your serious about a jd id check out sloan's in monroe, thats where I bought my 5085m. If youd like id even let you check mine out after i go to pick it up. Im just in the Oregon/Brooklyn area by the way.

18. Premier

Premier Senior Member

used to be, we are in the process of moving out, we bought 5 acres just outside of brooklyn on hwy 92 just down from the case dealership.

19. wewille

wewille Senior Member

Really, i plowed that place last year a few times for the realtor. Very nice place, in fact I looked into purchasing it too. Weve got a shop down on amidon road. I love it down there. Where do you do the majority of your winter work?

20. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

Having worked with tractors for a living the last 32 years, i recommend buying from a well known company with a legacy! Im a kubota guy have been for the last 10 years, after 22 good years of internationals! You just never know if a small foreign tractor company will be in business next week?