1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Two trucks for sale

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by GimmeSnow!!, Dec 1, 2010.

1. GimmeSnow!!

GimmeSnow!! Senior Member

1st truck - 1999 Chevy one ton crew cab dually- Bought a month ago. Thought I was going to put a plow on it until I took it in today and found out a plow will put it over gvwr. Good, clean truck, runs great. Only thing I've found is that there's only one key fob and it only unlocks the drivers side door and sometimes the rear drivers side door but not the passenger doors. I would love to keep it if I could plow with it. Would be a good salt truck or good for hauling equipment. Odometer says 191k currently however It's questionable... I think the odometer said 180k when I bought it. three of the numbers look like they're slightly off track and when I hit 181k it went up to 191k but not positive. I questioned the guy I bought it off of and he said he didn't know. The title said that he bought it at 185k, the truck runs perfect and everything looks clean/rust-free. So I went along and put 185 or 186k on the title thinking that I was going to be keeping it for a while. Blue book @191k is $6500 looking to get $5k or possibly trade for plow truck.

2nd truck - 2003 Chevy Silverado Hd, LT. This is a great truck. Has all the bells and whistles except... the drivers side heated seat went out. Truck has 84k on it. slight bumps and dings but nothing very noticeable. The airbag light came on last year. I'm guessing it's a sensor. Warranty ended a couple years ago and I didn't take it in to find out. Truck is very clean, drivers side seat is getting warn from getting in and out. I have a boss 7'6 blade and snowex 1075 swing away tailgate spreader to go with it. Blue book is 14,250 without plow and spreader, thinking of selling package for $16k. Selling the truck because I'm looking into buying a new one.

I just took the pictures of them tonight. I will take better pictures by the weekend. Let me know if you're interested

1999 silverado-
    IMAG0011.jpg

IMAG0022.jpg

2003 silverado-
    IMAG0004.jpg

IMAG0008.jpg

Plow:
    IMAG0018.jpg

IMAG0011.jpg

IMAG0022.jpg

IMAG0004.jpg

IMAG0008.jpg

IMAG0018.jpg

2. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

Are you joking about the plow on the dually? What motor does it have? Interior pics? Actually, daylight pics? Thanks.

3. GimmeSnow!!

I was trying boss plows, I found out today I can put a western on it, but only an 8'6, everything I have is boss. I measured the width from outside wheel to outside wheel is 8'. Six inches doesn't seem like its enough room for turning blade from side to side. I got this truck for some big lots that I thought I had. At the last minute the company decided to go with the people they used last year that gave them a very low seasonal price and didn't show up. I guess price is worth more than safety/quality to them. The property managers at the four buildings put us down as preferred contractor and I was told by one of them that we had 90% chance of getting the lots as all the property managers were unhappy with previous service. Anyway, I was going to put a blade on it for subdivisions but I'm afraid an 8'6 is going to be too narrow and we're going to pull the snow back onto the roads so I want to sell the truck and get a 2500. got some daytime pics, I'll get some interior pics today.

IMAG0023.jpg

IMAG0024.jpg

IMAG0025.jpg

IMAG0026.jpg

IMAG0027.jpg

IMAG0023.jpg

IMAG0024.jpg

IMAG0025.jpg

IMAG0026.jpg

IMAG0027.jpg

4. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

wher you at in michigan? I might be interested in lookin at tthe dually

5. Premier

Premier Senior Member

pm sent............

6. GimmeSnow!!

Interior pics of 99, I need to clean out the 03, ran a lot of estimates in it lately and it's got all my crap in it. I'll get pics of interior soon.

IMAG0032.jpg

IMAG0033.jpg

IMAG0034.jpg

IMAG0035.jpg

7. GimmeSnow!!

Sunday morning bump

8. PabstBlueRibbon

PabstBlueRibbon Senior Member

3500 is a gasser?

9. GimmeSnow!!

yes, its not too bad on gas either

10. GimmeSnow!!

bump.......

11. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

If it's a 454 she gets around 11mpg if you are nice to it.

12. 1PapaDock4

1PapaDock4 Member

Aw man this is tempting as heck...
    Saw this on craigslist, now on here....
    I live in Clarkston as well.

Craaaaaaaaap

13. GimmeSnow!!

well my other chevy is an 8.1liter, that may be why I think it gets good gas mileage but It's the same size tank I think and I know it goes a lot further, it doesn't feel as expensive at least. I haven't figured out exact mileage though.

14. GimmeSnow!!

Getting the dually detailed tomorrow. If they give me a decent price I'll get the 2500 detailed and get pics up. I would put pics of interior up but I use that truck for everything and it wouldn't do any justice until I take the time to clean it. She cleans up nice. Only reason for selling that truck is I got a bad loan on it and I can get into a new one for $30-$50 more a month even though I'd be signing my life away.