1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Two Small Apartment Lots

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by jerpa, Sep 9, 2014.

1. jerpa

jerpa Member

What would you charge for plowing and salt? These are my buildings but I'm in a partnership and would like to get some comparison prices since I obviously have a conflict of interest.

In the first lot the bulk of the snow gets pushed to the end of the large lot above the driveway/ right of way. The snow from the right of way is placed behind the marked building. That driveway is in rough shape and requires more salt because of this. The entrance to the lots is steep so this will be done on a 1" trigger. Forgot the measurements but it totals 1/4 acre.

The second building all snow is pushed to the end of the lot opposite the entrance. Asphalt is in decent shape. 2" trigger.

2. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Me, here, $65 and $45. I plow similar sized and shaped lots for that. Salt, still learning.
  3. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

$125 a piece to start no less, salt would be the same
  4. pancakes55

pancakes55 Junior Member
    from US

I am trying to learn more about pricing and the bidding aspect of commercial plowing. I have read numerous times that some guys have a $100 minimum before the blade drops on any commercial lot (even smaller lots that would be $60, $70, $80 residentials etc).

Is this because the liability is greater or some other reasons I am not seeing?

5. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

We'd be laughed out of town if we quoted numbers like that on 1/4 acre total.

I bet those would go for under $75 combined here.
  6. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

Laughed out of town for sure, PA and NJ must be the most expensive place there is to plow snow but as said before every state and area is different. In mich they would probably go for 75 and 45 for plowing and 40 and 30 for salt, nothing said about the sidewalk.
  7. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

Why even do commercial and take the liability for $75? Doesn't matter to me what size the lot is I looked at one today that consisted of 15 parking spots and I'll be charging 150 to plow or forget it. You guys talk about the industry having problems and that's one of them letting people tell you to take all the liability of their lot for $75. Not worth it I'd rather do two driveways
  8. jerpa

jerpa Member

Prices will vary wildly between eastern PA and western PA but i dont see $125 flying around here. The first lot was previously being plowed for $45 and $70 for salt. I thought the plow was a little low and the salt a bit high. The second building was just purchased so I have no idea what the previous owner paid.

Thanks for all the input.