1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Two New MASSIVE Drives

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by EGLC, Dec 5, 2010.

1. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Just picked up both these drives and will be full maintenance customers starting season 2011. Plowing @ every 2" :popcorn:

drives1.jpg

2. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

looks like fun. $35 per time?

3. ddb maine

ddb maine Senior Member

whats the scale on the map? they look like 1200' with the curves and such....

and yes I actually do plow a 1200' drive for 35$... no turns tho, no grass culverts both sides. I think the price might be going up next year.

congrats on the gains. It seems like you've got a top-notch gig going for yourself. Congrats.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
  4. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Really? I have one that's about that, maybe just a bit over 1400', I priced it at $100 last season, and I think it should really be $150 or almost $200 per push. Easy peasy job, so I don't really mind. :nod:

5. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

common drive - 90'
    L house - 900'
    R house - 700'

rather not talk pricing, but I do get closer to $400 for all 3 every 2"

thank you! I try my best.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
  6. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

those are some big driveways...hopefully your making good $$ off of them

7. ddb maine

ddb maine Senior Member

yeah unfortunately.

I assume salting and sand is included in your pricing?
    I have customers to tight to spend $10 on sand.
    My design/build customers are different.

8. ddb maine

ddb maine Senior Member

whats with the concrete? sections when you enter both drives? the one on the left looks like it has a stone turnaround in front of the house?

9. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

They look like fun......congrats

10. aperfcrcle

aperfcrcle Senior Member

nice drives, congrats man. How did you land those?

11. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

yes pricing includes salting. however it will be done on an as needed basis, I am not required to salt every storm.

L house has a paver turn-around/parking area. The other areas on driveways are for where gates are supposed to be installed. House on L has a gate. House on R does not. House on R was just purchased from builder about a month ago, a lot of landscaping needs to be done.

thanks Tim :waving:

we did work for the L house (1,500sq ft sod repair + repair and installed 2 new irrigation zones) he in turn is unhappy with his current service provider and we take over. I went over the the R house in introduced myself a few weeks after they had moved in and got it on the spot.

12. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 Senior Member

Those are two nice jobs. I like the lot size of that area. Enough space to do what you want in private but still have neighbors. That house down to the right is just massive.

13. rebert

rebert Senior Member

I do a few like that.. I think there better than doing a parking lot. Less liability.

14. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

I'd love to replace all my smaller resi's with these.

15. albhb3

albhb3 PlowSite Veteran

ya I would say by the size of those houses the people are doing fine fine fine. I mean damn how big of a house do you really need

16. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Guy on the left has two homes on the shore as well, both bigger then this one. Also has a maserati sitting in one of his garage bays....really nice down to earth guy....so is the right house, I was really surprised.

17. dpglandscapes

dpglandscapes Senior Member
    from 01982

i completely agree 35 for all that, jeez

18. Deerewashed

Deerewashed Senior Member

have fun if those tan gray things are cow grids.

19. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

looks good!

20. BMB Plowing

BMB Plowing Senior Member

thos look pretty fun!