1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Two new accounts need help with estimates

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by guitargeek3000, Jan 10, 2010.

1. guitargeek3000

guitargeek3000 Junior Member

I need a little help with these two driveways and how much to charge.

One: I was thinking $40

[​IMG]

Two: I was thinking $60

[​IMG]

Thanks!

2. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

how bout 60 for the first one and 90-100 for the second.

3. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

Not telling you what to do, but 30 and 50 seems about right in NW Ohio. I don't know travel times or anything, but your looking at 10 minutes max on first one, and 15 minutes on the second one. If you could get 6 of the first one side by side that would equal 180.00 an hour. 4 of the second one would equal 200.00 an hour. Just my assumptions from what I see.

4. ajslands

30 $ ?!?!?!?! i hope your trying to make a funny, i dont drop my plow for less than 30 and thats for a 40' drive, that drive looks to be 500'

5. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

I agree a little low on your prices, but hey if you havent figured out what you need to make to cover your expenses I say go for it !!!

I did a drive smaller than the 1st one and got $40, and I got another one that is even smaller for $35.

Need to figure out what kind of $$$ you want to make after all your expenses.

6. guitargeek3000

guitargeek3000 Junior Member

Well don't get me wrong, I want to make all the money I can.
    I have no real money wrapped up in my equipment and this is part time for me.
    But, that doesn't mean I don't want to make the best of my situation.

I do most driveways around my neighborhood for $20 (2-3 cars long and 1 wide)

So I had no idea what to bid on these long ones. I think I may go with $50 for the first one and $75 for the second one.

Thanks for the input, I mean that doesn't sound to low too me.

7. ajslands

that sounds a little betfer

8. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

If they squable about the price, I would tell them they would be hard pressed to find a reliable and quality plow guy to do it for less, or maybe they can but he may be intoxicated and not have insurance!!!!

Good Luck :drinkup:

9. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I was just stating what those drives would go for here. I have said several times what you get where you plow may not be the same as what I get where I plow. I even stated where I was to be clear on that, in my reply.