1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

two for two

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Triton Snow Systems, Feb 20, 2005.

1. Triton Snow Systems

Triton Snow Systems Banned

Well the weather men were way off on this one again. We were supposed to get 4-8 inches of accumulating snow by days end but only received 3/4 of an inch. I can understand that the weather is somewhat unpredictable but this unpredictable. Even Tom Skilling was way off and thats unusual. Oh well there will be another.

2. Peopleeater

Peopleeater Senior Member

Where is the snow?

I can only think of one word. Rediculous

Jeff

3. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Again they built this up to be "Storm of Storms". So far is sqwat here in k-zoo. Less than 1/2 inch on ground now. May get a plow and maybe a salt out of it but nothing like they were saying. This is at least the 4th time this year alone 2005 they have done this. It must be weatherman envy and each trying to show a "bigger" storm then the other. Even the main websites are doing this, then changing their web page's 4 or so hours before "called" storm to say no storm.

All I know is I am really sick of InAccuWeather.com and the dunNOAA sites.

4. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

I second that feeling.

5. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

Why is it that when you go to your zip code forcast of noaa you get 1 forcast, then when you go to the state map that is broke down into counties and you click on your location, you get a different forcast???????
    what is that all about?

6. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

because they are really only guessing

7. RidgeCon

RidgeCon Senior Member

It is the same thing everywhere. Last night weather service was predicting 4-6 inches of snow for here. This morning they are saying the "possibility' of some flurries but no snow. Oh well.... :rolleyes:

8. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

Is there anybody that can give an accurate forcast? I know that I haven't been able to find them. John Dee seems to do a pretty good job, however in Central Ohio I'm too far south for his forcasts. How in the world does Inaccurate Weather get people to pay for their BS forcasts?
    even Noaa can't get it right. I'm dumbfounded myself.

9. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

I think that last year it was Bolts Indus that suggested that we all start reporting on here as these events are unfolding. The guys out in the western part of the Mid West report first and then work our way East. There was a little bit of that going on yesterday, but it's never very organized though. There is alot of wasted manhours hooking up plows, loading up spreaders etc., not to mention people going out and buying salt for nothing, lost sleep and whatever else. I guess it kind of comes down to, if you want something done right, do it yourself, meaning us helping each other. It's become quite obvious this year that you can't depend on anyones forcast. Just venting and thinking.

10. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Winter is over. :nod: :(

11. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

You're probably right, it was over around here at the end of Jan. It seems that we only have a winter from the end or middle of Dec through Jan anymore. There is always the chance for some kind of freak thing to materialize, but I doubt it. Next week it's time to prune, edge, spray and mulch and fert. I'll keep the lift tube on until April 15, that's when my contracts are up. I can always hook up the plow if needed. However I think it's been for it's last ride on the truck this year though.

12. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I've plowed 2 times this year. :angry: This has been the worst winter for me since I started this gig. The plow and spreader are going into storage as soon as I find a spot for them. :nod:

13. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

Just checked DunNoaa (saw that earlier and thought it was fitting) and those clowns are saying snow this weekend, R I G H T!!!!