1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

two fold question on C-8

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by dave_dj1, Jan 19, 2011.

1. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

I have a 2010 Ram 2500HD that I put a C-8 on.
    1) should I add 6" to each side of the plow, or put wings on?
    2) are the cutting edges made of any special kind of steel?

I don't plow any big lots, only 4 driveways right now, I would just like to be able to push the snow farther back along the sides, instead of driving in my furrow.
    I am leaning towards just adding 6" to each side ( I can fab anything) but was concerned if I should get a 9' cutting edge or just add a 6" piece to each side. I have access to whatever steel I need unless the edge is something special.
    thanks,
    dave

2. broncscott

broncscott Senior Member

wings work great

3. Bashby

Bashby Senior Member

I extended mine straight out and got a 8'6" cutting edge, it works and has held up but I like the idea of the wings forming a scoup when pushing straight.If you want to fab something from what you have laying around, I'd at least thinking about angling the extensions forward like the wings do. I have never plowed with wings but from the types of plowing I do I cant see where having the lasr 8-10" of the plow angled forwrd would cause any problems that werent well overcome by the benefits.