1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Two Different Connectors?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by lawnprolawns, Jan 24, 2009.

1. lawnprolawns

lawnprolawns Senior Member

Hey all, I need some help!

I just picked up a truck with an ultramount mount/wiring and a plow that is also an ultramount. The blade says unimount though, so maybe it's two plows put together.

Everything is mounted up, but the wiring wont connect. The truck has 12 female "holes", with 9 wires actually coming out of the connector. The plow has one plug with 11 male pins, and 11 wires coming out, then another female plug with 3 wires I believe.

I have always used Boss so I'm not familiar with this, especially the extra cable with three wires. Is there an adaptor to go from 9 to 11 wires and connect the two different pin patterns?

Also, my Boss plow as a switch to go from truck lights to plow lights, do Westerns do it automatically? I dont see any switch anywhere.

Thanks in advance!

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

What you got was a truck wired with a relay harness and a plow wired for the iso harness. Cheapest way to make it work is to get just the plow side headlight harness and switch out the iso harness'.

And yes they headlights will switch over when you plug in the plow.

3. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

Not sure about harnes but yes westerns do not need a switch they use relays to change the lights.

4. Crash935

What you need is a 61438 harness. This is for the plow side and will put the plow back to a relay 9 pin plug. You will have to take the 2 harness' off the plow and put this in place. There will be a little cutting and splicing to make the turn/marker light connections up in the light housings other than that, every thing else is plug and play.

5. lawnprolawns

Crash, thanks for the excellent info! One more question, what is the difference between the 9 pin plow side harness and the 12 pin plow side harness. Angelo's had the 12 pin plow side harness and that had the correct plug to plug into our truck and the part number on that is 61558.

6. lawnprolawns

never mind, i just answered my own question by looking at the western website. i think that if i get the 9 pin repair harness it will be the easiest (and cheapest) way to fix the problem.

7. Crash935

That will work!

8. lawnprolawns

Alright, I got the new harness put on the plow and everything except the high beam lights work. I know that the problem is with the truck because it is not getting power at the truck side connector. I was wondering if somebody could give me some insight into where to look first. Thanks!