1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Two dents

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Iowa, Jan 26, 2005.

1. Iowa

Iowa Senior Member
    from Iowa

Today I was looking at the plow, and I noticed two dents right where the rib is on the other side where the frame connects to the mold board, right where the bolts connect to the ribs. What's this a sign of?

2. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

dents

bashing into things :dizzy: :dizzy:

3. Iowa

Iowa Senior Member
    from Iowa

Anyone? This is kind of scaring me.....

4. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Iowa, give us a little more info. Are the dents on the front of plow or back? Paint still there? Are the dents deep & sharp or shallow? Could they have always been there and you just now noticed them?

Buck

5. Iowa

Iowa Senior Member
    from Iowa

They are on the front of the plow, paint is still on, they are kind of shallow, you can't really see them from a distance but I can still see them.....

6. Up North

Up North Senior Member

I wouldn't waste time worrying about it. If the paint is still on I'd guess that the plow came like that from the manufacturer.

Buck

7. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Alex,

Don't worry about it. Hard telling what happened, plows don't stay looking pretty if you use them. I know you don't abuse your equipment, stuff happens its a tool.

8. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

i have 2 hure scratches on my plow. forgot where the concrete parking stops were in a lot and moved them. :) my plow actually rolled them right on top of hte berm of snow and there they sat all winter. :)
    From the sound of it you just hit some rocks plowing, or some huge chunks of ice.

9. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

i have 2 huge scratches on my plow. forgot where the concrete parking stops were in a lot and moved them. :) my plow actually rolled them right on top of the berm of snow and there they sat all winter. :)
    From the sound of it you just hit some rocks plowing, or some huge chunks of ice.

10. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

dents

ok, whats happening is the frame is trying to push thru the mold board
    thats why they gusset that area....mold board is a big area putting a lot of strain on two push points....jmo :nod: