1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Two Black Trucks Four Turbos

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by lieutlamson, Apr 26, 2008.

1. lieutlamson

lieutlamson Member

Just finished the Duramax up yesturday finally. Figured Id take some pictures of the trucks together.

DSC00080.JPG

DSC00084.JPG

DSC00083.JPG

DSC00085.JPG

2. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

the d-max will obviously blow the doors off the 6.4 hay, when they were stock how did they compare

3. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Looking good, those are two very nice Truckswesport

4. lieutlamson

lieutlamson Member

Stock for stock the Duramax would kill the Powerstroke. The F350 is much heavier than the 2500HD but it does have the 4:10 compared to the 3:73. The Ford only has 550 miles on it and the power is impressive. It seems to run about the same as the 6.0 with 4:10 in one of my fathers trucks.

It seems like people are starting to make some big numbers out of the 6.4s but they have to take the DPF off. The Duramax has not cat, no egr, and no PCV anymore and still got an inspection sticker.

5. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Nice pictures. Ya, i say the Dmax will kill the :gunsfiring: Ford.

6. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

you got two nice trucks there. im a ford guy so id take the ford or the chevy anyday of the week, personally i think there the best work trucks out there, might not be the fastest but for working them hard there awesome. :salute:

7. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

sweet trucks lets see some burnouts now lol:drinkup::D:drinkup:

8. lieutlamson

lieutlamson Member

LOL.....hopefully I can get up to Epping soon so I can get the Duramax tuned right. Theres a Dyno day in June so I'll know then whats the trucks putting out for hp and tq.

9. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Nothing beats the sound of a turbo diesel whether it's Ford, Chevy, or Dodge.

10. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

beautiful trucks....both of them :cool:

11. bosslover

bosslover Member

both those trucks are awsome and i bet that HD sounds hot but i am a ford guy and love that 08. the HD needs stacks

12. lieutlamson

lieutlamson Member

Thanks for the compliments. I had thought about stacks before, but I kinda like the truck looking stock. Its like a sleeper.....However with the big turbo right on the fender anyone that knows diesels has an idea that somethings going on under the hood.

13. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Those trucks are sweet! Now they just need some plows for next year, and maybe a trailer with a skid steere on it to make a good pic! Nice trucks. I don't know which one I like better.

14. AllOutLandscape

AllOutLandscape Member

so where is the air box/ air filter? cause god knows you dont wanna have dirty air running through there.... but very nice trucks

15. jjklongisland

jjklongisland Senior Member

I say connect the two of them with a heavy duty chain and which one wins the tug of war... Love the Chevy...

16. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Looks good:drinkup: