1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

two 9.5ft snowdogg vplow with lots of problems

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by cmo18, Oct 28, 2013.

1. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

Too make a long story short, I purchased two 9.5ft snow dogg v plow in the same year (2012).

Last winter was the worst winter ever for breakdowns in the 8 years ive been plowing.

Both plows have needed valve bodys replaced, wiring harnesses, small plugs in the valve body that keep leaking, lift cylinders, jacks for storage and one needed a new frame that the headlight and lift ram attach onto. At the time they didnt have the correct style so they replaced it with the 1st style, thinner one lever style with a promise that when this one bends they will replace.

I just took them out of storage and the one with the frame replaced has cracked.

Yes all repairs above were done under warranty, but now its to the point the dealer will not call me back, no support from manufacturer, and now im stuck with two 1 year old plows that are broken.

I wish I would of kept my 10 years old straight blade as in the years ive owned I might of replaced a lift cylinder seal once. I cannot go another winter like last as I spent more time driving to the dealer to get something fixed on the plow then I did plowing.

If snowdogg does stand by their product like they say they do please contact me with a solution and some answer.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  2. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Holy crap, that is horrible. I believe my plow is a 2012 as well (might be an 11), I remember seeing your posts about getting them. Sorry to see you've had a lot of problems.

Are the hydraulics and everything ok now and its just the frame issues?

3. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Have you tried looking up another dealer, maybe they will tell you who the local rep is, that's probably who you need to talk to. That's a lot of issues. However people don't stand behind anything anymore, keep it posted on how you make out.

4. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

I would call snowdogg and I would bet they will get it handled. They do stand behind their product.

5. plowguy43

I agree, I had a loose hose that I thought was leaking on the back of the valve body - brought it in during a storm, they tightened, added fluid and didn't charge me a thing even though it wasn't a warranty issue.

They noticed that one of the other hoses had some wear on it from rubbing the frame while lifting - they replaced it, added a plastic covering for it, once again at no charge as well.

If your in Maine, Michauds Welding in Auburn (I believe their other location is Winslow) is an excellent dealer

6. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

Now the frame they replaced I noticed the weld broke in a spot causing lots of play, lift ram wont go into float mode (they replaced the cylinder already because of that issue)...I've contacted Jim from snowdogg again. Hopefully he can resolve these issues.

7. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

Was this a "new" old stock plow? Most hydro issues would of been fixes in 2010. Never heard of snowdogg having any weld issues. Any pics?

8. plowguy43

Id love to see pics too so I can check mine. I've worked mine hard for two seasons without any issues, crazy to hear.