1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by PLOWMAN45, Dec 12, 2009.

1. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

anyone use twitter ?
  2. If you want to actually generate business and relationships, use LinkedIn.It's made for business and free.
    I've used Twitter, doesn't seem to do a lot of good unless you're Shaquille O'Neal or have a complete internet strategy and get a large following.
    You just need to get your LinkedIn profile to 100%. You can look at my full profile by searching linkedin. (Steve Hoogenakker). If you're in the snow or lawn business, I'll accept your link, just type in that you know me from Showcase Landscape. Look at some of the groups I belong to, like IREM and IFMA, and the Irrigation Association, tons of resources and opportunities.

I have dozens of property managers in my group, which I can contact anytime and local competitor friends.

SIMA has a group that you can join, and a few of us in the lawn management business in different cities have been sharing regional and national property management information to help us
    get more business.

If you want more information on Social Networking, they just did an article in Lawn and Landscape magazine October 2009, page 106, and a great resource is Jeff Korhan's site, www.jeffkorhan.com. Jeff sold his landscape business and has become an expert in this area. He has tons of free information on building your business.

3. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Consider the root word in twitter. TWIT
  4. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i follow weather updates stuff like that