1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Twisted Back Blade

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by dgerke, Jan 9, 2011.

1. dgerke

dgerke Member

The other night , was out covering for a friend who had a couple small store lots do to him being broke down . I was clearing the lot and caught a manhole cover and put a 4 inch twist on the back blade driver side any suggestions on how to get it straiten?
  2. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

take it off and put it in a press, or catch something the other way to bend it back haha
  3. x.system

x.system Senior Member

We just got done straightening one of mine. I don't have a press so we used the hi-lo, chains and binders, heat and cut a relief notch in the lower angle iron. Mine was twisted pretty good, I think the previous owner said one of his guys backed into a curb with it. Here's a couple before pics. Don't have any after yet, its still in the blast room waiting to be blasted and painted.

4. dgerke

dgerke Member

Damn mine is bent same way looks just like that . I don't have the resources to put that much pressure on it: wondering if i took it to a Metal fab shop if they could straiten it
  5. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

That would be the way to go. Good luck.
  6. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

Ouch......Curtis? I had one. I would replace the cutting edges with Urethane after you straighten it out. That wouldn't happen.