1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Twin Kubotas

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by merrimacmill, Jul 22, 2010.

1. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

I picked up my second Kubota M7040 today to add to the snow fleet. The first one worked out very well for us last season so it seemed like the right move. Just have to get it lettered up to match the other one now. I need to still pick up another 10 foot protech pusher for it. I've also been considering a Boss SS plow on one to try it out. Sometimes a plow would have been real useful on one last year.

0722101725.jpg

Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
  2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

sweet man, congrats.

3. merrimacmill

from MA

thanks, I'm not sure how I'll be able to sit here and look at them for another several months waiting for snow...

4. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

Thats a great setup. and I noticed you changed your signature.
    Good luck in the season to come.

Why not get direct fit blade on one, wouldnt it save some coin? or this way you can use either or both to load?

5. SNOWLORD

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

Lookin good!!

6. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

7. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Congrats on your new rig! Looks very sweet!!

Why not put the 10ft pusher on front and add an ebling to the back of one? From what I've heard the eblings can be used to windrow when 1 wing is forward and the other straight out.....plus the other advantages that come with them seem to make them a great addition to a machine the is actually designed to "pull" anyway...........Or maybe just a straight blade for the back that has hydraulic angle..?..? Either way, you would also be adding usable ballast to the machine. Good luck this winter.

8. merrimacmill

from MA

I would really like to add an ebling blade, I just really haven't been sold on them yet. I've talked to people who sell them telling me they are the best thing ever, but other than that haven't seen one or talked to any real world users who don't want to sell me one. I'm looking at adding a new service truck w/ a plow for a take home truck for my mechanic as his take home truck he has now is pretty high miles and is ready to become a back up truck. So with that said, it would take some real convincing to make me drop another 6K on a blade that no one around here uses. I am still very interested though..

9. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

It needs a 9/0 plow and a 3 point sprayer...get er dun

10. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

They look great. How many horse power?

11. merrimacmill

from MA

They have 70 hp turbocharged. In the online specs it says its not turbo charged, but it most def is. I guess I just bring it up because I really don't understand why they are advertising the 7040's as non-turbo models, when they really are turbos... You can even hear it in my video here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBIqhpDJZ6g

12. merrimacmill

from MA

Ya, as you know from my PM I've been considering trying out a Boss 9 footer for it. I have a homemade one for my Case SS from a Diamond plow, but the hitch is homemade too, so it only fits the case, and not the kubotas. I am also considering cutting off the mount, and getting a universal mounting plate and re-welding it on there. Just depends on if I need the plow or a pusher on the skid steer this season.

13. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

so which one is mine????

14. Knockah22

Knockah22 Senior Member

Great looking addition to your fleet! Hope all goes well this winter for you. Make sure you keep your camera rolling.

15. merrimacmill

from MA

Oh it will be rolling!

Here is the latest from last year, I got a slo-mo version and a normal one.

http://vimeo.com/12479079

and

http://vimeo.com/12295341

I am thinking that I will combine some of the slo mo shots into the reg video.

16. merrimacmill

from MA

which ever one you want Mike! Actually, maybe the old one... I don't want you burning the hell out of the clutch on the new one :mechanic:

17. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

wow that one is haulin across that parking lot! is that really how fast it goes?

18. merrimacmill

from MA

Yup, 20 mph. Well 19.5 on the dash. That lot was wide open, 7 acres, no obstructions.

19. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

ur an ass lol i like the truck better anyways lol i will take u up on the test drive offer though one of these day

20. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Those are pretty sweet! I may be getting a smaller Kubota with a blower for sidewalks...