1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

twin beam 2000

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by snoway63, Jan 1, 2011.

1. snoway63

snoway63 Senior Member

I have an twin beam 2000 magnet mount on my 05 f350 super duty and the ciggarette lighter plug gets super hot after like ten minutes, anyone else have this issue with lights or the cause, the rotators are fine and not binding or anything, thanks for any help

2. Yooper75

Yooper75 Senior Member

Sounds like are trying to get to many amps through to small of a wire I would rewire the light with a heavier gauge wire and heavier plug.

3. snoway63

snoway63 Senior Member

Its all original wiring that plugs in the ciggarette lighter, was wandering if one of the lighter sockets has more power then the other gonna try the other socket to see, ihave to sockets and my manual says one is for accessories

4. Yooper75

Yooper75 Senior Member

It would not hurt to check to see if that's the case but it sounds like there is to much resistance in the plug.

5. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

Assuming that the lighter socket you used had the correct fuse in it, if you'd exceeded the rated load of that circuit, the fuse should have blown. If you're truly generating that much heat, I'd wonder if it has the wrong (higher amperage) fuse in it.

6. Yooper75

Yooper75 Senior Member

7. snoway63

snoway63 Senior Member

yes thats the one i have Ill check to see if the wrong fuse is in the socket, it did the same thing in my other truck maybe the light is messed up, seems to rotate fine. thanks for all the input