1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

tweaked push beam 9'2" power v

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by R75419, Jan 12, 2014.

1. R75419

R75419 Senior Member

Wanted to get your guys opinion on this...
    Bolts were loose on passenger side of truck, went to replace them and noticed that my push beam is tweaked by the drivers side ear. The measurements at the beam and at the ear are 3/8 smaller at the end of the ears. The plow still hooks up and comes off fine, there is no binding issues. The plow itself sits level and flat on the floor and checks out just fine. All this being said, since the push beam is mild steel, would you just replace the bolts that came loose or replace the push beam as well. I caught it in time, the holes in the push plates and the beam are not egged out at all. Thanks in advance for the thoughts.

2. milwaukeevtwin

milwaukeevtwin Senior Member

boss plow

we have had 3 of them in the past 2 years not any of our 8.2 all 9.2 thats why they invented the dxt welcome!

3. milwaukeevtwin

milwaukeevtwin Senior Member

Think about what it is doing to your cutting edges REPLACE IT

4. R75419

R75419 Senior Member

Cutting edges? The "ears" are level, the drivers side one just points to the passenger side a little. I am not following how this will affect the cutting edges. Not trying to be a Bird, just trying to understand.