1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Turning up a Tractor

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by NBSnowGuy, Oct 20, 2009.

1. NBSnowGuy

NBSnowGuy Member

Do you do it, or just let it be?
    Think a 2001 NH TS110 would hold up okay on a blower if turned up to 110 PTO hp?

2. rancherman84

rancherman84 Senior Member

well first is the tractor mechanical injection or electronic?
    if its mechanical,then you need to find a dealer with a pto dyno and run the tractor up to working temp and see what it currently has for hp.if not turn the screw on the pump a little and redyno until your happy.
    no if its electronic,well then your gonna need a chip or somebody with a laptop to change the fuel settings.
    the tractor is around 80-90 hp right now im guessing? if your only going to 110 you should fine,just keep track of your temp gauge when unload full load

3. NBSnowGuy

NBSnowGuy Member

It's a mechanical fuel injection, so it's a pretty simple thing to do. Just like you said, turn the screw for more power. The only thing I'm worried about is that the 110 is the biggest tractor in the TS series so some parts may not be specked to handle the higher load.

4. rancherman84

ok,so its a fairly simple job.what is the tractors hp now? i mean if ur talking 10-20 hp bump,thats no big deal.

5. NBSnowGuy

NBSnowGuy Member

The tractor is advertised at 90 PTO hp, but most have 95 or so.

6. rancherman84

i dont think id worry about 20 hp very much.

7. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

You should be just fine. I have a JD 7400 which is 105pto hp and i have it making just over 130 with no problems. All my other farm equipment is also turned up with no problems.
    Robert

8. NBSnowGuy

NBSnowGuy Member

From what I can tell, no one has a problem with turning up tractors a little bit except the dealer who wants to sell you a bigger tractor. payup

9. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

And the dealer who will void your warrenty LOL
    I would turn the fuel up a lil, advance the timing and ditch the muffler :}

10. NBSnowGuy

NBSnowGuy Member

That sounds like a good idea. Customers get too much sleep anyhow.