1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

turning problem

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by jamm999, Jan 15, 2012.

1. jamm999

jamm999 Junior Member

Last season I started having a turning problem. After plowing foe 15-20 minutes the plow would stop turning left, it would try but not move. If I parked the truck and came back a half hour later it would work again, (it didn't matter how cold it was outside) I rebuilt the pump this summer adjusted the cables and everything seemed to work fine, ( I did notice the 4 way valve returns kind of slowly but I figured it was because of the new O ring) Well now after plowing for 15 minutes or so the plow starts to move slowly in both directions. again if I park the truck for a little while and come out it works fine again. I did notice while adjusting everything in the shop the ram tries to go up while turning so I am going to adjust the lift valve out a little, but I don't think this is the problem. Pleasse help I can't afford to take it to a plow company and pay $100 an hour to get it fixed