1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

turning bobcats weak puny wings and making them better

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by NorthernSvc's, Dec 28, 2009.

1. NorthernSvc's

NorthernSvc's Senior Member

so my buddy does a real crappy parking lot and has since destroyed his wings that were supplied by bobcat for his skid steer plow... problem is bobcats crappy design has this plow as a trip moldboard and because of the crappy pavement we need to maintain the trip function - he needs the wings because he wants to have a box pusher, and be able to have an angle plow, and he can't justify buying another box plow just for this one account... so here is my fix enjoy!!

total price: $52 for the rubber, $10 in grade 8 and 5 bolts.

053.JPG

054.JPG

066.JPG

069.JPG

072.JPG

2. NorthernSvc's

NorthernSvc's Senior Member

basically flipped the wings upside down, bolted them on with grade 8 bolts, and plasma cut the ends and ground down the outside edges...

you can also see my poor kage in the background - see fixing kages problem

073.JPG

3. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

Looks good and it will still trip a bit

4. snow patrol

snow patrol Senior Member

Not sure if these will hold up when used on a skid steer, but thought you might like to see my wings that allow the plow to trip and the wings move over speed bumps, curbs, etc.. Like I said, not sure how they will hold up on a skid steer, but they work really well on truck mounted plows

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/43qXtNuE_vg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/43qXtNuE_vg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

5. cleansweep007

cleansweep007 Senior Member

Looks like a lot of sag on the toyota. Some timber's will help with that. Great looking set up for the wings !!

6. snow patrol

snow patrol Senior Member

I actually had Timbrens on, but not enough. The front end on the Tundra's are low slung. I ended up putting a 2" leveling kit on the front end and it did the trick. Sits nice and rides nice too. And thanks about the wings!